Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 17, 2010

Babies


Lately I have been thinking a lot about babies. Call it maternal instinct or whatever but I couldn’t shake the thought out of my head. Sometimes I have a strong urge to get pregnant and to experience the joys of motherhood.

Sometimes I feel that I am not ready to conceive, that I am not adequately prepared to fend for a child. Sometimes I am adamant to put pregnancy on hold for the next 2 years to further establish my career, hang out with friends, go clubbing, pub-hopping, watch movies, and travel without any commitments to worry about.

I’ve also been googling a lot on babies’ names (I’ve already decided the name for my babies), reading a lot about what pregnant mums go through, reading about painkillers/epidurals, on what to expect during delivery etc. Truth is that, I adore kids.

My colleagues have been telling me to not wait too long before conceiving – they said there is nothing like motherhood, it is an all-together life changing experience which is priceless. Then I have friends who told me to wait because there is no turning back the minute the kids comes into the picture – you can throw your freedom away. Then also there is the part of juggling between work, home, and kids which can be absolutely tiring and frustrating at the same time. Not to mention the finances part yet.

Then there’s the labour pain part that I am not too keen about… but that can be easily addressed with epidural (I don’t even want to think about the injection/poking part ok *shudders*)

What do you think?
Maternal instinct kicked in early?

Love;
Mrs Lee

3 comments: