Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Review : How Reliable is PYO Travel?

I know a lot of people are rather sceptical to book online travel deals. Me included. So when we did our bookings through PYO Travel for our Japan trip in February this year, I was honestly really concerned. Although we got it for a good deal, it was still a large sum of money to be paid upfront. Furthermore, all transactions were done via online.

Now that we have paid, gone, and came back from our trip, here is my feedback on PYO:

(1) Reliable. They are a subsidiary of Reliance Group. Need I say more?

(2) Value-For-Money. The packages that PYO offer is really cheap comparatively. Because they are part of Reliance, the itinerary are very similar to those that you pay for if you book under Reliance. Meaning, for almost the same thing, you only pay a fraction of the price. 

(3) Service. The tours, hotels, and tour guide is top-notch. Again, it is because they are engaged under Reliance. During our trip, there was a family who paid the full Reliance tour package but followed us on some of the tours and hotel stay. So in other words, the hotel's condition and the location provided for is spot-on. 

(4) Customer Support is So-So. The only problem that I have with PYO is that there is no one picking up on their support lines at all. If you were to go to their Facebook page, you would notice similar complains have been raised before. And yes, it has not been rectified yet. However, you can always drop an email to them at support@my.pyotravel.com, they are pretty fast at replying emails. Worse case, just write on their FB wall, they will almost immediately reply. 

Ok.. understood. So I've made my payment, now what? 

Since I am a planner, I emailed PYO and asked the following:
(1) What are the items that are not covered in the package? 
(2) When will I receive my voucher confirmation?
(3) How can I select seats/meals/luggage on the AAX flight? 

The above are crucial so that you won't be caught off-guard with additional charges. And yes, everything can be done via email. You need not worry because PYO will send a confirmation flight voucher (for those familiar with AAX bookings, it is the same voucher) on the items that you have selected and paid for (e.g. seating etc etc).  

All in, I think that PYO is worth being given a try and since I have, I am pretty confident in them. Looks like I will be making more bookings through them when there are more good deals in the future.

Love;
Mummy Geri

34 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this. I am going to Beijing this Nov with PYO and me and my friends are worry about it. But since the price is affordable to us, we bought it. But since reading your writing, it ease my worries. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. buslife

      Delete
    2. I have been checking out a few of your stories and i can state pretty good stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog cheap travel

      Delete
  2. Hie Masz ... glad it is of good used to you. When I did my booking, I was actually googling around and see if there are any reviews or not which was none at that time.

    So thought of sharing so that people like you will benefit. Enjoy your trip! I heard Beijing is pretty cold at this time of the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I should find out about the agency before I purchased it, but me and a friend kind tempted with the price and we just went ahead and bought it. Not a wise action.:( . Yes, I know, it will be very cold there. That's why I will bring many thick cloth. I heard that's why the price to visit Beijing is cheap because it winter... well, put it in a positive side, I got to taste a very cold weather ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually i prefer going to a place that's cold too. anyway enjoy yourselves there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, i tink this post is really very helpful to me as I am planning to make booking for my hotel right now. =) Thanks alot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Geri.. thanks for your review.. as i'm trying to make hotels bookings thru PYOT and i see a few negative review for them. Most of the -ve reviews were in the past and your is the most curent review.. so, i take it as theyu have improved their service now.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. their service is ok just that its very hard to get them through the phonelines

    ReplyDelete
  8. May i ask the online deal you mention is like groupon those?

    ReplyDelete
  9. No.. I went directly to their site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi, i was just googling "PYO reviews" and i found yours..very helpful review you've got here..i made a hotel reservation thru one hotel booking site and of course, there are queries right?? but they don't seem to have any answer to it..i even emailed the hotel directly, but they too don't seem to want to reply..and they claimed they are a 5 stars rated hotel in xiamen..anyways, i have dropped pyo an email, let's hope i get an answer real soon..thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No problem. Alternatively, you may bombard their FB page. They will respond to you pretty fast

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey geri, it's me again..guess what, i just got a reply from pyo..so, ok, they do emails and FB only..LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. bingo! hahah .. enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your comforting write-up. I bought four MH flight ticket to Osaka from PYO Travel and it was so cheap, half of the price quoted on MH-online for the same flight !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. PYO travel services degraded recently, I did book a tour to Bangkok couple months ago and their appointed van driver was very rude. their 4 stars hotel looks cheap and old compare to 3 years ago when I purchase their service (it is a huge difference in service). I will go for other travel agency but PYO.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please call me. My group about7 is interested to Hokkaido 7 day trip my HP 0129695699. Travel on 1 Jun or first week of jun. Asap.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please call me. My group about7 is interested to Hokkaido 7 day trip my HP 0129695699. Travel on 1 Jun or first week of jun. Asap.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please call me. My group about7 is interested to Hokkaido 7 day trip my HP 0129695699. Travel on 1 Jun or first week of jun. Asap.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I m really disappointed with pyo result. After so many day not a single call from the iffice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I m really disappointed with pyo result. After so many day not a single call from the iffice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. atsing, I think you're writing to the wrong place!! This is someone's (Geri's) blog, not PYO's blog or website!
      To ask for quote from PYO, pls go to their website or FB page. :)

      Delete
  21. I'm planning to fly to Tokyo this Raya holiday, just wanna book flight and not trip/package via PYO. Is it ok?

    MM

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your Thread sent us throughout valuable information to be able to function with. every tips of the post are awesome. Thanks a good lot for sharing. Keep threatening,
    Regards: Tatkal IRCTC Autofill Tool

    ReplyDelete
  24. I recommend instead of going through the fast track from Siena to Grosseto to take some more time and go through Montalcino towards Castagneto Carducci. בתי מלון בחו"ל

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for this great post, i find it very interesting and very well thought out and put together. I look forward to reading your work in the future.
    what to do in london

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes i am totally agreed with article and i want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!! flights to London

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you again for all the knowledge u distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards,
    travel blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. I want to share my recent experience with PYO Travel. First of call, hotline was just a cosmetic, nobody pick up the call. And same goes to their email, another cosmetic. Nobody even reply, you would start speculate this is a scam agency. Their tour package is slightly cheaper at the first glance. Then they charge miscellaneous fee. I meant there are so many travel agencies out there. Go and compare and survey. If not because I need to travel with short notice period, I will NEVER go for PYO.

    ReplyDelete