Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Wedding Invites

In case if you are wondering why have I stopped updating my blog and Facebook~ing, I am extremely busy watching my TVB Chinese Series. Past few days, I was sitting at home feeling bored, so I took one series (from the stacks of pirated Chinese DVDs that Mum had bought previously and still is buying) and started watching. Bad move! I couldn't stop and almost every night I am sleeping at 1:00 am! -__-"

Current TVB craze : Emergency Unit ("E.U") - so many dashing hot old actors
(I am a sucker for mature-looking actors in jackets ahem!),
the actresses sucks though.

Back to the preparation, we are now working on the dreaded guest list and we are having such a headache doing it!! Should we call this person? Church event only? Or both events? Can we accomodate so many people? What about the costing? I have been inserting names, striking out names, and re-inserting names again. It is so tiring and troublesome! At times like this, I wish I had a wedding planner. :(

And we have not even gone to sorting out the name list in Excel, the table arrangement, the RSVPs, and the actual day coordination yet!!! *pengsan*

I am still waiting for Bear to revert with the finalised guest list as he may still want to include some more names before I pass it to my parents to include theirs as well. Wonder why Bear is taking so long?

Initially for the wedding invites, I didn't want to spend more than RM2.00 cos people will end up thowing them away. So, I spent a lot of time sourcing and asking around for cheap invites. Ultimately, LH Creative Concept located in Pudu was the place to go. But, the designs are like your stereotype of mass-produced cards. In other words, so ugly! :(

Keeping in mind that I STILL don't intend to over-spend on the invites, I sourced for more alternatives and ended up in Sunflower Paper Passion & Things located in Ikano. Me and Bear dropped by there and no doubt the designs were much better.


Problem is that, the nicer the designs, the more expensive it is! An empty card costs from RM2.00 onwards. Printing would be additional RM100 per block. All in all, for a simple design like the one below, the quote would come up to RM3.30 per card, which is not too bad we reckoned. A tad too simple for my liking though. :(


One day, as we were walking around Tropicana City Mall - I asked Bear to teman me to Storybo*k. I had always been curios about this shop as it looks so pretty from outside. And voila I saw that they print invites as well. The invites were so pretty, contemporary, clean, and sweet ok! Having no expectations at all (I was almost certain that the cards would be expensive), we proceeded to ask the owner, Enya on the quotes. Turns out the cards starts from RM2.20 - RM10.00. The pricing is tiered and discount is given in accordance to the volume. Best of all, ALL of the cards are custom-designed (i.e. no other couple can have the same design as yours), designed in accordance to your theme, and the pricing INCLUDES printing as well. You can print as much stuff and insert as much pictures as you want at no additional costs! Of course, if you want to further enhance the cards by decorating it with ribbons (RM1.80/piece) or crystals (RM0.80/piece), then there would be additional costs incurred.


I am SO excited!!!! So, right now we have shortlisted Sunflower and Storybo*k. Honestly, I am skewed more towards Storybo*k. We shall ask for further details once the guest list is more or less finalised to ascertain the number of cards needed and the final costing.

Love;
The-Bride-to-Be

18 comments:

  1. haha, im currently watching tat show at 9.30pm... i find it much better than the jewel of life.. so boring..was it call jewel of life?? *sesat*

    Aiya, pudu wan is so cina!! my colleague got hers from pudu..she thinks is nice..& both of us can never have a common liking..You can get even at the lowest rm0.60!

    i love storybook too..the design is sweet/graphical & it can be simple & yet nicely done. i think for a custom made @rm2.20 is quite orite..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jewel of life?? What show is that? Not Sweetness in er.. something meh? -.-" Uhhh.. Tin Ko and Hau Ko is so man!!! *drool* I like tan guys. :p Don't like Sam Che *bleh*

    Yeah I think Storybook is quite reasonable. As much as we can, we are trying to nip some corners so that the invites will not be too expensive. If I am not mistaken RM2.20 is the one with 1 piece, smaller in size, and 500 pieces and above. Love their designs!

    I agree.. Pudu ones are so CHINA looking!! Cheap.. but really cannot pass my QC la. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. No lar the one before this show..talked about 3 daughters leaving in a luxurious life.. Sam jie very famous back then..now old adi..kedut.. i like Hau kor..very the man..the 'laughing' kor very noisy!

    Pudu wan, can't pass mine too!.. i tell u, if i take pudu wan, i kena laugh by my designers..sunflower i've seen their design in mag..err..quite soft & elegant..not my cuppa tea..if no choice see how lor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa, pricey! 500 pieces and above? how many tables are u having?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 60 tables for the dinner banquet. I would need to print cards for my church wedding as well. So if I combine, it will total yup to almost 500 cards.

    Where else can I print?

    ReplyDelete
  6. FLO!! I SO BODOH GO AND READ THE ENTIRE SYPNOSIS OF EU! :( NOW I KNOW WHO DIED ETC ALREADY :( :( :(

    AND THERE ARE SO MANY UNEXPECTED TWISTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaaaaaaahahahaha.. aper lar u..

    now i shall cover my ears..*shhhh* dun tell me! :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I finish watching, I pass you the DVD ok? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. pass to me?!?...don't want lar..the moon cake chinese series, i'm still waiting ar.. :P

    i think laughing kor, is a 'ngor tai' (workin for the police)..he so pat..can't decide to follow sam jie or hau kor..

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOW YOU KNOW WAN AR?

    I didn't suspect until I read the synopsis! :p But apparently in this series his fame overpower Miu Kiu Wai. Honestly, his acting as Laughing was really good and funny.

    I don't like the girl (sam che's younger sister) .. dah lah cannot act, not pretty some more! pfft!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhhhh that muka penyet??...her face like kena step on..boat shape if u see side view..Yau Yau much prettier than her..i like her eyes..

    My bro lar..told me yday.. (-__-) haih..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think she needs braces. 0_o" aiya.. ask your brother to sssshhhhss..

    The lesser you know, the more kan cheong it is!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aiyo..its Gem of Life la..hahahaha..not Jewel of Life. Flor, you want Mooncake series ah? Mine is the downloaded version la..Mau? Heheehehhe..

    You two brides-to-be memang kan cheong TVB Drama series d eh? Lol..I got aplenty here. Siapa mau?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue!! i wana watch the one u were watching at the berjaya apartment!..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also got the Mooncake show! I promised Flo so long but always forget to pass to her, she also TL with me. hahahahahaahahaah

    End up she watched in Astro Wah Lai Toi! Sue.. I think we becoming like 'si lai' la! :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. if its for downloading u can get pretty good ones from hk-mtv.com ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mum buys them back :) Btw, my photos turned out great. So happy! :)

    ReplyDelete