Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 23, 2014

The Relocation

A lot of things have happened since the last I posted. Now that I have a bit of extra time on my hands, I was thinking of noting them down here. Isaac has truly grown to be a joy to both me and Francis. He is now 19 months old, how time flies! He can count from 1-20, is obsessed with animals and Old MacDonald, and utter simple words. I am ready for #2!

Some may or may not know that my husband has been working in Singapore for the past one year and hence I have always been (almost) like a single parent. Thank God for my own parents who is there to help out. He only comes back over the weekend. 

I knew that this is not a doable long-term solution, with no extra help and the family being apart. I am exhausted from work - having to work long-hours. Typically I am only relieve off work at around 9ish. By the time I am back home, I need to do simple household chores, wash Isaac's stuff, and pack his things for daycare tomorrow. Isaac gets up early at 7:30am and thankfully he is pretty independent, so he can drink his milk while I quickly shower. This is a general routine on good days. 

However, on days that he is unwell I am a complete zombie with severe lack of sleep. My ELs has been maximised as I am the one constantly on leave having to take care of the little one. 

That being said, I have not known fatigue as I do now. Work performance has plummet and I can no longer concentrate and put in the hours as I work like to at work. 

And so, we've decided to relocate down to Singapore to be with my husband. And hence, began the tedius tiring exciting journey of a migration. Doing it all (almost) on my own!

XOXO,
Geri 

No comments:

Post a Comment