Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Review : Deforestation @ Honeypot Wax Boutique

I am sure by now everyone is curios on my first Brazilian experience in Honeypot Wax Boutique. I've booked an appointment with them on Saturday at 1:15pm in their newly opened second outlet in One-Utama Old Wing (the official opening was on Friday).

Honeypot Wax Boutique - The Premise...
Note: All pictures are from Honeypot Malaysia Facebook page

Although the premise is not very big, it exudes a warm and cozy atmosphere to which it immediately lightens up your mood. The interior is sexy with its distinctive hot pink and black theme color. I've got myself lost trying to locate the place but a very helpful kitty (that's what the staff/therapists are called in Honeypot) actually walked out and led me to the shop. An exemplary show of excellent customer service. :)


Honeypot also carries its own after-care products which are made from natural ingredients. All of the products are from Australia, the land down under (no pun intended). Naturally, for all the waxing session, the kitties will use Honeypot's own in-house products ensuring only the highest of quality for their customers. Plus point, I love the packaging of their products!



The Process...
Disclaimer: Please forgive me on the sucky photos - its taken from my BB.

For first timers, you are required to fill up a simple form on your personal details and information regarding your skin condition (e.g. allergy etc) to ascertain if you are suitable for waxing and to pre-empt the kitties so they won't be caught offguard if you have a yeast infection or something like that hehehe

Once done, you will be ushered into the examination therapy room and be asked to remove your clothing and wipe yourself with a wet wipe which is provided for. You will also be given a pink towel to wrap yourself up. The room is really small but not cluttered. I like the ambiance as the lights are dimmed and is quite soothing.


Once done, the therapist will knock on the door to be let in. My kitty for the day was Corrine - a senior therapist who has 5 years of experience under her belt. When I called up Honeypot for an appointment, I specified that it will be my first time for a Brazilian and she immediately scheduled me a senior kitty. And I have nothing but praises for Corrine. Experienced, nice, gentle, and fast. :)


The minute Corrine came in, she asked me to lie on the bed and proceeded to chat me up - I reckon this is the strategy to remove the nervousness and awkwardness.


Honeypot uses hot wax for sensitive areas - i.e. Brazilian, face, underarms, and nipple (yes some people has hairy nipples so don't laugh ok). Their signature wax is Cherry Pie Hot Wax which contains beeswax and rosin. The difference between a hot wax and a strip wax is that strip wax are those which drips really hot sticky wax on your skin and then uses paper strips to yank out your hair - typical for those in less sensitive area like your legs. The use of hot wax is very much gentler on the skin as it hardens and "wraps" the hair which doesn't tug at the skin when pulled.

No wonder during my previous underarm waxing it hurts like hell cos Tru Spa burnt me as the wax was WAY TOO hot! And my upper lips was red and sore from the traumatizing experience. T_T


The Cherry Pie Hot Wax needs to be warmed up to liquefy it and when cooled down will harden. Plus point : the smell is delicious!! The minute I walked into the room the sweet smell of cherries (like bubblegum) wafted trough the room. *swweeeeetttt*


The kitty checks on the hair down below and proceeded to trim it shorter. She then cleansed the skin and applied moisturizer. Some talcum powder is then sprinkled to keep the area dry.Then the waxing began ... she applied the Cherry Pie Hot Wax starting with the bikini line for testing. The wax is warm - to some extent it is really a nice feeling. I like it - it is very sensual :p! The minute it hardens, she pulled it off. Honestly, I didn't even feel a thing as I was talking and laughing away with Corrine. She moved on the the upper area and I still didn't feel anything.

Corrine : Wah .. you don't feel anything wan ar?
Me : Huh? You waxed already meh?

0_o"


The good thing is that the minute the warm wax is applied, in one swift motion she waxed it off, and immediately applied pressure with some soothing lotion on the area. So there is almost no pain at all.And this continued on for a good 30 minutes - moving from the bikini line, the upper part, the labia, and finally the butt cleavage. For shorter hair, she tweeze it off in quick frequent motion. Contrary to other reviews, it was not even remotely painful!

All in all, it was a pleasant experience (I kid you not). And she never double-dipped the spatula. Not even once.

Corrine even convinced me to do an upper lip waxing which I initially refused because of my previous bad experience. She reassured me and I allowed her to proceed. I was amazed that it was pain-free as well!!!!

Was it painful?
No!! It was not as painful as I anticipated it to be. I was surprised myself. People who knows me knows that I have very very low tolerance to pain. On a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being the most painful, I would say 1. Trust me when I say some parts are totally painless. I didn't even feel anything at all. Of course, I did wince a teeny bit when the waxing was very close to my *ahem* - other than that it was almost PAINLESS! I am no warrior of pain ok. If I can do it, everyone can do it!

Was it embarrassing baring it all?
No!! The kitties has seen it all and yours are no different. Like I mentioned, the kitties at Honeypot made you feel very very comfortable so you don't feel awkward at all.

Do you have to go on all fours when they wax the butt cleavage?
No. You only need to lie on your side and in a jiffy its done. :)

Is it itchy down there after the waxing?
A little but very bearable. I didn't had to scratch myself in public if that's what you mean.

What are the after-care post waxing?
Immediately please refrain from exposing the area to hot water, sunbathing, and swimming for at least 1 -2 days. You don't want to end up with a nasty infection.Honeypot has an awesome range of products all imported from Australia. Albeit being on the pricey side. I feel that we should take good care of our nether region and I don't mind paying a bit more. As recommended by Corrine, I bought two products.


Goodbye Forever! 125ml (RM100/=) :
This product reduces ingrown hair and thus prevent itchiness. It is a calming treatment spray formulated with salicylic acid (to exfoliate gently), witch hazel (to cleanse pores), and montana flower extract (to sooth the skin). You only need to spray on and gently rub into the newly waxed area for two-weeks immediately after waxing before the hair grows.

Minty Aloe Jello 100ml (RM80/=) :
This is a moisturizer which softens the skin. The aloe vera has antibacterial, caring, and soothing properties. Use if after the Goodbye Forever product, the mint gives a very cooling effect.

Will I go back to Honeypot again?
Of course!! DEFINITELY!! I am a satisfied customer of Honeypot. What I love about them:
  1. Professional
  2. Hygienic
  3. Friendly Kittie
  4. Awesome Service
  5. Almost Painless Experience

I am so satisfied that I signed up a package with Honeypot for RM1,050 of which I get a total value of RM1,365. Not to worry, you can pay by interest-free installment with Maybankard or HSBC. I am now officially a sexy kitty. :)

Typically for maintenance, you are encouraged to head back for another session after 4-6 weeks from your first waxing. If you ask me, I reckon that it is entirely up to you and the hair growth cos every individual is different.

What happens now?
Oh my God.. you won't believe it, I feel so much more "lighter" and clean down there. Definitely sexier too. It is baby smooth .. why didn't I discover this earlier???

You may contact them for appointment at:
Honeypot Wax Boutique
Lot. S119b, Second Floor,
(Old Wing), 1 Utama Shopping Centre,
Lebuh Bandar Utama,
47500 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.

Phone: 03-7729 5598

The Sexy Kitten;
Mrs Lee *purrrr*

18 comments:

  1. I'm so convinced to go for waxing now. Hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! You should do it!! But you are not hairy like me.. so I guess its not necessary? IMHO everyone should try at least once Brazilian for the heck of it:p

    It is in my to-do list before hitting 30. One more of my to-do list is getting a tattoo but I am too chicken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review - been wondering whether the products work or not... follow up post on those, please? Heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hie Synical,

    Thanks! Where do you go for your waxing? Yeah.. was thinking of following up with a review on the products soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Geri,

    I don't really have a regular place - I usually hop around, mostly because I refuse to pay 3 digits per wax session. Groupon deals help too :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ... you actually hop around? 0_o I wouldn't dare do that in case if I landed in some dodgy waxing place :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I don't do the dodgy places myself - but I've gotten myself several vouchers to try out different places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. may i know how much for the upper lip area?
    will they kitties keep pursuading and talking and selling about their packages this and that? dont like it at all man

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hie Jaselynn,

    For upper lips - its RM12. No, they never try to hard sell their packages or products. I also don't like it to have sales people hovering about trying to sell their stuff to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha.. for hygiene purposes lo.. I was once very hairy until I start using epilator for my bulu kaki. Lol..

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, icic~~ then its good~~ i gotta try some day soon! thx o =)
    heres my blog: jase-shareandreview.blogspot.com
    still establishing, recently bz with examsss...will update soon ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gawd! Great posts, thank you. :) I am going for my first one in a couple days... I hope the experience is as good as yours! So, is anything growing back yet? I have no idea how long I should expect it to last? I have to shave my legs every couple of days. Hairy beast. LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hie AJ,

    So far the growth are stubble and is very sparse. So it doesn't irritated me at all :). Hope you have a good experience too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the info! Am hitting the beach soon & was thinking of doing my first b.wax. Quite scared leh! But you have convinced me :-) Will go and checkout honeypot next week! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey .. sorry just realised there was a comment here. Hope your experience was as pleasant as mine. Once you go fuzz-free, you wont stop :p

    ReplyDelete
  16. I shave my area- do u know how long your hair needs to be before you go to get it waxed? (great blog!!!)
    How did the products works? Any un-wanted side effects?

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks kacey !! (i'm assuming your name is kacey?)

    for me .. after waxing it took about 2-3 months before seeing the hairs. but usually i will wait it out into it grows erm.. bushier (pardon my language :p) before waxing it again.

    the product works pretty well in the sense that it helps sooth the area. also in-grown hair was close to non-existance as well.

    in terms of side effects.. on me there are non actually.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Do you have to buy the product tho after treatment? Or you can go back home without buy any? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete