Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

KidzHaven Child Care Center : For Peace of Mind.

Most mummies-to-be like me who are playing dual roles of having a baby and holding a full time job would have a headache and a growing concern on where to place your babies when you are at work. The best bet would be to place in the care of a babysitter during the weekdays.

However, with the on-going cases of babysitter abusing and causing death of infants, it is really a worrying issue. How do you trust your precious one in their hands? How sure are you that the environment that they are in is safe? 

I know of the story of my clerk whose son died in the babysitter's place. He choked on milk. And he was only 9 months old.

Yes, terrifying story but very real.

So I have been searching around for a good and reliable babysitter around my area. Most of them operates from home - like a nanny. I am not convinced because the house doesn't look too hygienic and the nanny doesn't give me a sense of security enough for me to place my child in her care. Above all, she will be taking care of my baby alone. Whatever that happens in the house, no one will know. 

As I was Googling, I chance upon a childcare center called KidzHaven in Jalan Gasing. It is a proper center and is run by the principal, Joanne. She speaks eloquently and most importantly is a certified Early Childhood Teacher. The center is licensed by MBPJ and JKM. So in other words, they are legit.

Dropped by the center with my parents and we loved it. We feel secure and convinced that my baby would be safe here. Here are the items that is skewing me towards choosing KidzHaven : 

- Safe and conducive environment. 
- Trained caretakers, in fact all are local Chinese aunties.
- Joanne will be there most of the time to monitor.
- Hygienic and clean.
- Bath time is twice a day. 
- A ratio of 1caretaker to 3 babies. Max 6 babies at one time. 
- For toddlers, a ratio of 1:5 kids. 
- Total maximum capacity is 25 children (including 6 babies).
- 3 meals provided once babies goes semi-solid.
- Stimulating activities / play time, i.e. flashcards etc.
- Joanne is a Christian. 

Joanne will also provide a log book at the end of the day for the parents, listing down what has been done, what are the feeding time etc. In that way, the parents will be constantly aware on what is going on at the center. 

KidzHaven operates from 8:00am - 6:00pm, with a grace period of 30minutes for those parents who are stuck in a jam. Opens only on weekdays. The center will be closed on national public holidays and on Selangor state holidays. There will also be a 10 days period where the center will be closed (typically during CNY and Christmas time).

Fees are as follows:
Registration - RM100*
Full-Day Service (2 - 18 months) - RM900/month
Half-Day Service (2 - 18 months) - RM500/month (up until 1:00pm)
Full-Day Service (18 months above) - RM850/month
Basic toiletries - RM240/annually
Stationary & Learning Materials - RM240/annually**

*Upon registration, you would need to pay 1 month deposit in lieu of the 1 month fee. 
** Only applicable for toddlers 18 months above.

For hygiene purposes, parents would need to provide the following which will be returned when it's no longer required:

- plastic mat for changing.
- mattress protector.
- 5 change of clothes.
- 5 pieces of disposable diapers.
- formula milk / expressed breast milk.*
- 4 feeding bottles and 1 bottle for water.*
- bath towel, face towel, bib.
- pillow, bolster, blanket etc. 

*KidzHaven provided steriliser, warmer, and a machine to thaw the milk. 

Yes, I agree the pricing is on the steep side. But would you rather pay more in exchange for peace of mind or save that money not knowing if your child is in safe hands? 

Your pick.

For more info, you may contact Joanne @ 012-2108297

Love;
Mummy Geri

19 comments:

  1. kidzhaven seems like a great enrichment centre for sure based on what you said. I like the ratio very much. I had scouted some and to my amazement, they even have 2:25 which makes me wonder how they can manage the childrens.

    Definitely would like to pay them a visit. Thanks for the suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed.. the place is very decent. Do check them out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found many useful ways from your blog On Childcare Sydney. It is really amazing for us. Thanks for giving me a space in your blog. Thanks I also visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiiii you done such a great work Thanks a ton.........child care centre

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I was simply checking out this blog and I really admire the premise of the article and this is really informative. I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks
    child care centre

    ReplyDelete
  6. An impressive post, I just gave this to a colleague who is doing a little analysis on this topic. And he is very happy and thanking me for finding it. But all thanks to you for writing in such simple words. Big thumb up for this blog post!child care centre

    ReplyDelete
  7. 016-5612167
    please be cautioned though that she can be very straight forward.. so i know some ppl may not be able to take it or like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The conditions have changed IE ratio, caretakers etc. Do check out again before you decide

      Delete
    2. Yes the conditions have changed. Check out the meals too.

      Delete
  8. I was basically looking at this weblog and I really appreciate the assumption of the content and this is really useful. I will for sure relate my buddies the same. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is good news for this place of people and with help of this blog he can visit easily his nearest center. if you are looking such types of center in toowoomba visit child care centre toowoomba

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked the content on this site. Would like to visit again.

    Child Care Rebate & Child Care in Carlingford

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.. they are really interesting.. I would like to swervey more from you.
    aged care placement

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.

    Complete Child Care Course Level 3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very good article! We will be linking to this great article on our website. Keep up the great writing.
    Calgary Daycare

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dear,

    i Like Your Blog Very Much..I see Daily Your Blog ,is A Very Usefull For me.

    You Can see also my services..


    Child Care Centres Gold Coast is a free website intended to provide information and access to local Child Care Centres on the Gold Coast.



    Visit Now - http://www.childcarecentresgoldcoast1.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Child Care Centres Gold Coast :- Child Care Centres Gold Coast is the foundation for children to develop in a safe environment while also having opportunity to socialize with other children in Gold Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A noteworthy post, I just offered this to an associate who is doing a little examination on this subject. Also, he is extremely upbeat and expressing gratitude toward me for discovering it. In any case, all on account of you for writing in such straightforward words. Enormous thumb up for this blog entry!
    child care center Stafford

    ReplyDelete