Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Review: Whipping My Ass Back in Shape @ Curves Bukit Damansara


I've signed up with Curves Bukit Damansara at the end of November. Yeah ... I hope this is not a hangat-hangat thingy. And yup ... I have stopped going for Jazzercise because I don't see the result as fast as I would like to. And also I find the people there has its own clique so naturally you almost feel like an outcast. Very uncomfortable.


I was googling for other gyms/fitness centers which I could joined and I came across Curves. What I like about them is that:

  1. It is a women only gym.
  2. They have a branch near my workplace.
  3. Each workout only takes 30 minutes.
  4. Reasonable fees.
  5. Flexible - encourage to work out at least 3 times a week.
  6. I'ts almost like a private session each time.
  7. There are no cliques. Everyone is friendly.
  8. They monitor your heart rate.
  9. Every month measurement is taken to monitor your progress.



I especially love their concept of a circuit training - where you have alternate machines and "rest planks" in between. It is a total body workout in that 30 minutes! From your flabby arms, to your flabby tummy, to your flabby thighs. It is awesome!!! You finish off with a stretching session.


So far I've enjoyed my session thoroughly and I hope by my next measurement there will be some progress. *fingers cross* I wanna get back in shape like I was a year back, when I was still very active doing Body Combat in gym.


I hate it now that I don't have toned arms, upper abs, small tummy, not-so-big thunder thighs and ass. I hate it that I can't fit nicely into my clothes. And above all, I hate it that I am being teased fat.

Please disregard the lala hair colour. This was me a year back.

This was me 2 years back.

Don't worry! I am not about to sit down on my fat ass and whine and bitch about the situation. I am determined to do something about it. Watch out! The old me is coming back SOON! :D

Love;
A VERY Determined Mrs Lee

6 comments:

  1. Hi there, I know this is a very old entry but is wondering if you kept up at this gym? Would you recommend it?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup.. would definitely recommend them. im starting back after my maternity in march

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, may i know how much is the fees?

    ReplyDelete
  4. aiyo dont recall la.. erm .. 120 if not mistaken per month

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, have you join back Curves gym? May I know how they charge?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have not.. been extremely busy with work and my baby

    ReplyDelete