Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Review : Garnier BB Cream - It Only Takes 1-Minute to Look Awesome.

I tell you sometimes I am a sucker for adverts and reviews on blogs. After reading a good review on the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector, I marched into Watson that same day and purchased the Garnier BB Cream -Instant Fairness Moisturiser. Not too sure if it is the same or not as the review, but it sure does look the same. *shrug*

Garnier BB Cream

As with all BB creams, Garnier also promised  the following 10 benefits:
1. More radiant.
2. More even-toned.
3. With less dark spots.
4. With less visible imperfections.
5. Reduces redness.
6. Smoother.
7. More hydrated.
8. With less visible lines.
9. With less visible pores.
10. Reveals its healthy glow.


For me, the best part about Garnier BB Cream is that it acts as a light foundation, moisturises, and contains SPF26. Plus point is, it is oil-free and fragrant-free.

Light Foundation.
I have always been blessed with pretty good skin all these while (thank you good genes!) so I never hardly use any foundation on my face before applying any make-up. Further, I do not like my face feeling cakey and thick with a layer of foundation - almost as if my poor pores are clogging and suffocating.

The colour patch - very close to my skin tone.

So with the Garnier BB Cream, it gets the job done. I love it that it is not too thick - almost like a sheer tint on your face. Aside from that, the color is light which matches my skin tone perfectly (I am very fair).

It does covers whatever little imperfectation I have on my face evenly. My overall appearance does look more radiant, fairer, and smoother. Only problem is that my eyebags are still pretty visible. Can't be helped, I've always had a problem with bad under-eye bags.

Moisturize + SPF26.
My morning regime usually takes up about 15-20 minutes at max (inclusive of showering) before dashing out for work (yes, I am lazy like that). So the usual works would be bath, wash face, tone, sometimes moisturise, and sometimes apply sunscreen before putting on my makeup. Too tedious if you ask my honest opinion.

With the Garnier BB Cream, it contains hydrating properties due to its pure lemon essence and mineral pigments. It's enhanced with SPF26 to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. Which means .. I can skip the moisturise and sunscreen part and go straight to the make-up part. So convenient! So hassle-free!! I like! :)

Pardon the makeup-less face.
This is the before and after comparison using purely
the Garnier BB Cream and nothing else.
The difference is pretty obvious, yes?

Once the Garnier BB Cream is applied, I just need to dab my under-eye bags with a concealer, set it with pressed powder - and voila ... my face aka canvas is ready to be painted on. :) Easy peasy right?

Silky Girl White Lightening Pressed Powder - Pretty good stuff too.
Very light and blends very well.
Tips: Don't over-apply or else you will look like a pale ghost.

p/s: Actually never understood what is the need for a loose/pressed powder until I was told by my collegue to ensure that my make-up stays on for a longer-lasting time frame. Also, it ensures that my make-up doesn't run due to the natural oils on our face. So yup, you've guessed it - the Silky Girl Silky White Lightening Pressed Powder was a recent purchase as well. :p 

To put the theory to the test, here is a picture of my face at the end of the day in the office.
- Make-up still stayes on : Check!
- Still looking radiant : Check!

Those darn eyebags!

As you can see, my under-eye bags are pretty prominent. Maybe I should try on the Garnier BB Eye Roll-On and do a review on it.

Retailing for RM15.92 in Watson, the Garnier BB Cream is a steal and is worth investing on.

(The Silky Girl Pressed Powder is retailing at RM16.80.)

Love;
Mummy Geri

4 comments:

  1. Babe, I saw on Youtube video that Singapore sells the Garnier roll-on concealer/bb cream. I cari and buy one for you? Nak tak?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought already liow :p Doesnt really work for the eyebags though :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see what good products they have and buy for you ok? Singapore has quite a lot of options for products.. Malaysia tak banyak sangat.. hahaha..

    Put eye masks babe.. to soothe the eyebags.. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use teabags lagi murah dan free :p

    ReplyDelete