Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Review : Pureen Maternity Toothpaste

As with most pregnant women, in the first trimester is when the dreaded morning sickness will kick in full force. Of course, I had the "privilege" to experience that as well. Those who has been through it knows that the slightest thing which you normally do would trigger off the waves of vomiting. For me, it was the simple act of brushing my teeth. It is the lingering smell and taste of the toothpaste which I can't stand. Even thinking about it may trigger me off.

And then ... my saving grace came in the form of a recommendation by a close friend of mine who had just given birth to try Pureen Maternity Toothpaste. Of course, her purpose and mine defers in the sense that she believes that the toothpaste causes less harm to her and the baby in her tummy compared to normal toothpaste that's sold outside. I, on the other hand was not so noble (so-to-speak), I was more concern of getting rid of my morning sickness and at least try to get to work in the morning. 


Lo and behold, it actually works (to some extent!). I guess it's because of the taste - milder in terms of minty flavor compared with Colgate. It almost taste "sweetish" (?!).  Found out that the toothpaste contains 8% Xylitol which is a natural sweetener found in fibers of fruits and vegetables. It is a miracle-toothpaste for pregnant women I tell you , and I strongly recommend to try it for yourself to believe it. 

For those curious cats out there, here are the reasons why you should use Pureen Maternity Toothpaste: 
  1. It contains no Fluoride, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, and Saccharin.

  2. It contains, 8% Xylitol (prevents tooth decay), Triple Calcium & Phosphate (development of strong teeth), and Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate (inhibits growth of bad-breath causing bacteria).
For more information, you may read the fact sheet here.

If you are interested, the Pureen Maternity Toothpaste is found in Guardian Pharmacy nationwide retailing for RM7.90. 

Love;
Mummy Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment