Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 29, 2011

Review : S Spa @ Solaris Mont Kiara

Disclaimer: All photos are from S Spa.



It was one of those random weekends that I decided that it was high-time for a pampering me-time. As usual, since I can never secure an appointment with Tru Spa on a last minute basis, I started googling for cheap and good deals... which eventually led me to S Spa in Solaris Mont Kiara. Independent reviews were pretty decent so finally I called them up for an appointment.

To my utter surprise, they have a pretty awesome promotion for their Spa Indulgence package. For 3 hours of treatment, it only cost RM160. Note that they only accept cash so please come prepared.

The shop is located on the 3rd floor in Solaris Mont Kiara, where CIMB Bank is. I know that parking can be a bitch there, so do not fret as next to the building there is an open space carpark which cost RM3.00 per entry (if I am not mistaken). The premise is pretty small but comfortable and cosy – very important because ultimately your intention is to relax and not worry about anything else. The staffs there are generally very friendly and they can speak English and Malay as the masseurs are local. Mine is from Melaka (I forgot her name).


I was led to a room which was furnished ala Balinese style. One strange thing I noticed is that the spa doesn’t play your typical “spa music”. Thank God it was raining heavily outside so I had “natural ambiance music” instead. Hehe

Scrub.
The treatment starts with salt scrub. It was okay just that because it is purely sea salt, I felt that it was a little too rough on my skin. Thereafter, I was asked to quickly rinsed off the salt.

Body Mask.
Thank God the masseur offered to switch off the aircond. It was cool!! And you are suppose to lie there butt naked until the mask dry and hardens off. Not very pleasant I was shivering throughout, and the “natural ambiance music” didn’t help much too. Brrr~



Jacuzzi.
I couldn’t wait to jump into the warm water!! It was heavenly. I was asked to soak for 20 minutes and to allow the jet pump to pulsate water on my body. Honestly, I am never a big fan of jacuzzis because after awhile my body becomes itchy (I have good blood circulation: p)

Massage.
Finally! The much anticipated massage!! She used eucalyptus oil which smells really good. The minute the masseur lay her fingers on me, it was painful (yes, I am a wuss like that). Due credit has to be given to her; she did try to preempt me and did her best to try to untangle my knots. The painful areas are the back on my knee (due to wind), and my shoulders especially my right side (apparently I injured my muscle). She showed me the bump (i.e. bengkak) and I know I had to weather out the pain so that my back can be totally free from backaches. Slowly, she untangled the knot and tried to minimize the pain as much as she could. Kudos to her! What I love most is that after the massage, she will apply peppermint oil which gives a nice cooling effect.


Steam Room.

I was asked to go to another room for this treatment. The hot steam coupled with the peppermint oil on my body felt good. At about this time, you can really feel relaxed with all the knots removed. Thereafter, you are asked to change before heading for your final treatment.

Foot Spa.
The foot spa is located at the foyer. Again I love the warm water and whilst the masseur gently massages your feet, she dripped a few drops of peppermint oil into the water as well.


And that concludes my spa experience in S Spa. Truth be told, for RM160 it is really cheap for a 3-hour session. The question now is that will I head back there? Most likely not. Not because I don’t like their service. It is because I can’t stand the pain; hence I would still prefer Khareyana Spa although I have to pay a lot more. But for those who have a higher pain tolerance than me, I would highly recommend this place to you.

Ambiance : 4*
Service : 5*
Value-for-Money : 5*

Love;
Mrs Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment