Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Review: Bubba Gump @ The Curve


Yeah I know Bubba Gump has been around for ages in Malaysia and I haven't gotten around to tried it .. until recently for a colleague's cum my birthday a couple of months back. Frankly, I didn't put much expectations and thoughts about the restaurant as I have the impression that it is just your "typical fast food chain". How wrong I was!


Firstly, I would like to bring your attention to the sign. If you wanna call for the waitress, all you need to do is flip it to "Stop Forest Stop" and the ever efficient waitress will pop by your table to take your orders. Flip it back to "Run Forest Run" if you don't need their services. Creative yes? :)


And the food was out of this world!! Sungguh sedap sangat!! Way past my expectation. Note that however a major portion of its food are fried. I was in sin food-heaven I tell you. :)

Some of the food which we ordered for centre pool sharing. Notice that the food has funky names too.

Run Across American Sampler, which consist of nachos, cheesy spinach thingy, fried shrimps, fried fish, and fried chicken cutlets. It also comes along with three different types of dips.

Run Across American Sampler

Bucket of Boat Trash (yeah I know, doesn't sound too appetizing but trust me.. this bucket of thrash was fantastic-o!), which has all the fried stuff such as shrimps, lobster tail, fish, and chicken. Who doesn't love their fried stuff? Yummy-licious!

Bucket of Boat Trash 

Each of us had our individual orders as well. If you don't fancy fried food, you may opt for the Crazy Cajun Chicken or Bourbon Street Catch of the Day. Both are equally as good. The gravy was just nice and the texture of the meat was spot on!

Crazy Cajun Chicken
Bourbon Street Catch of the Day

But .. if you want 
MORE FRIED STUFF .. I highly recommend Mama Blue's Southern Charmed Fried Shrimps. Yes, by now you would've guessed that Bubba Gump's signature dish are shrimps! It comes with fried shrimps, fries, and coleslaw.

Mama Blue's Southern Charmed Fried Shrimps 

Another healthier alternative is BBQ Chicken. The portion is huge and the chicken is tender, juicy, and succulent. The BBQ gravy is heavenly!

BBQ Chicken

For those health freak don't even know why you chose to come to Bubba Gump in the first place, the best salad which you should try is their Pear and Berry Salad. Out of this world! That plate of vegetable is memang sangat sedap! Don't underestimate it!

Pear and Berry Salad

To pair with your food, I highly recommend the Mango Sparkler. It's a really refreshing drink and most importantly it is bottomless! *al-cheapo*


If you are looking for a place to chill and at the same time enjoy great food, I would highly recommend Bubba Gump instead of your usual Chillies or TGIF.

Love;
Mrs Lee

2 comments:

  1. Looks so sedap.. I heard this restaurant is inspired by the movie, Forrest Gump. Bubba Gump was the black dude who catches shrimp in the movie. Hahaha..

    ReplyDelete