Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bridesmaid Dresses

So you know that I have appointed my coolies chosen ones for my wedding day and now the time has come for me to choose their dresses! How exciting! In Stephie's words of wisdom, it would be better if I suggest the necklines for the girls - of course they have to see it and agree with it. Reason is simple; first is to make sure that the wedding party has some kind of a coordination, secondly so that it fits my budget.

Of course, all the colors of the dresses will follow my theme color - i.e. green and pink! The dresses are short, A-Line cutting with a ribbon across the waist. All dresses will be bare-backed. The material will be Duchess Satin. Exactly like below:


Let's start with Florence first. Since she will be the Chief Bridesmaid who won't be able to make it for the banquet dinner, she will have the privilege to be different from the other two girls. She will be the one walking in front just before me. She will have to be the alert one to pass me tissue when I cry or sweat. To make sure there is no lipstick stain on my teeth. To make sure that the train of my gown is always aligned and I won't trip on my own gown. Now, that is tough work ya, hence I have to bribe reward her by differentiating her dress right?? Anyway, it would be easier to spot her should the need arise.

For her, I have decided a sweetheart neckline. Her dress will be in pastel pink instead of pastel green. I intend to use pastel green ribbons, but somehow I find that the color doesn't match. It looks odd! Erm ... I think we may either use a darker shade of pink or white for the ribbon. The reason why I chose sweetheart neckline was because the other two girls will have straps, and I think she actually looks sexy good in that cutting! And Flo, enough of being so covered up ok!!


Secondly, for Mun Yee I gave a choice of either halter-neck or V-neck. She chose V-neck. The reason being, she is very tall and has big bone structures, especially her broad shoulders. I think that these cuttings will accentuate her features more as she has the height (jealous!!!) to pull off the look for the dress. It will look so elegant on her!


Thirdly, for Angie it was pretty simple. I roughly know what kind of a style she liked and proceeded to choose a strap one for her. Thank God she loved it! Apparently she feels that it makes her boobs bigger (-__-") and will tone down her broad shoulders/arms (?!). Since when is it broad by the way? Are you over-reacting babe?? Her only concern is that if the dress is low at the back, it will reveal her scars. Well, I told her no problem if she is not comfortable then we can always ask the tailor to adjust the back. If you ask me, I like her design because it looks flirty and sweet!



Well, there you go. The girls with their chosen necklines. Do you think it will clash?? I certainly hope not!! I will be bringing them to Neoromantic Bridal end of March to take their measurements. The dresses should be ready in 2 months' time and I hope the outcome will not be disappointing, or I will be pissed. The last time round when I did my dress, the final product was really not up to expectation despite it being MTM and I was utterly unhappy.

The reason why I am doing their dresses so early is because Neoromantic had increased their pricing since my inquiry last year, and they intend to increase their prices again middle of this year!!! :( I HAVE A BUDGET TO ADHERE TO WAN LEH!!!!!

Yup, that's it. The latest development in the planning process. :)


Love;
The-Bride-To-Be

No comments:

Post a Comment