Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Fusion Affair

As you know, I have long ago determined the theme for my church wedding reception. The butterfly-spring concept together with green and pink for the colour theme would be able to re-create a garden-feel and a romantic ambiance for the matrimonial service. Perfect!

On the other hand, I didn't have anything in mind at all for the dinner banquet in Putrajaya Marriott. All I knew is that the overall decor would be in burgundy as the hotel only provides limited choices of colours, and burgundy was the best amongst all. That was a good start cos my wedding gown and evening gown matches the overall colour theme. :) We didn't want to fork out extra for decor in the hotel since we are already paying such a hefty price for the hotel package. The theme was suppose to be free & easy aka bebas aka no theme until ...

Recently, it striked me that both me and Bear come from a very diversed family, culturally. I have Indian and Malay uncles, he has Nyonya aunts, both of us come from Chinese parentage (duh!), and some of our friends/relatives has some western influences in them. And then I had a brilliant idea (at least that's what I thought) ...




UNVEILING THE THEME FOR THE DINNER BANQUET.
(JENG! JENG! JENG!)

Theme : East Meets West
Colour : Burgundy / Maroon / Red
Attire : Formal / Classy / Traditional


In other words, it will still be a free & easy (aka bebas) event la! Just that it sounds cooler with a theme and it will be easier for me to design my wedding invites and plan my events for the night. The first half of the night would be Eastern-influenced, and the second half would be Western-influenced. What I have in mind is to create an Asian Fusion kinda ambiance. The overall theme would be quite classy (think Black Tie Events) and traditional (think Shanghai Tang & Nyonya Kebayas).

What do you think?


Love;
The-Bride-To-Be

5 comments:

  1. Nice!..yea..keep it simple.. burgundy is nice..formal & yet elegant. Make it an accent color in to the hall..the rest of the colors can be just a backup to highlight the burgundy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome! I got the reason to get a red color dress now. hehehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laaaaaaadddddddddddddyyy in RED.. :)

    Sue, u duwan to match the chair color.. :p try other color lor..

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah babe! try to find other colours.. or you can wear a kebaya! hahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okok..I shall find another type of dress. Hahaha..kebaya? Nanti I look like bak chang wei..hahaha

    ReplyDelete