Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Three Things I Hate About Melbourne


1.
Weather
Now... before I proceed don't get me wrong the cooling weather was fantastic as oppose to our hot and humid weather here. Just that along with the onset of winter, everything feels dry. Humidity is close to nil. My lips chapped. The skin on my legs and arms was scaly (and still is). FYI, I am prone to skin allergies and this kinda aggravated it. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my steroid cream along and my skin is totally scarred due to my incessant scratching. :( The skin on my face and nose started peeling. I has been diligently applying moisturizer on my skin and loads of lip balm during the whole duration I was there. Of course, I gulped down loads of H2O as well ... but nothing helps. :( It feels the worst in the morning - immediately after you wake up. Urgh!

Freezing my ass off in Phillip Island

2. Parking
It was HORRIBLE in the city. Parking is a pain. Truly a scarce commodity, I tell you! Fortunately for us, our friend over there managed to secure us with a garage parking - 30 minutes walk away from our apartment. Unfortunately for Bear though, he had to walk and bring the car to us and park it back at the garage at the end of the day AND walk back again to the apartment. Let me educate you, kindly observe the picture below:

Confusing isn't it? Watch and learn

1/2 P means you can only park for 30 minutes. 1P means you can park for 1 hour and so on and forth. Notice that loading is only allowed up to 15 minutes. On top of the Ps, there are also time limit ya ... and it is only from 7:30 am up til 6:30 pm. This is applicable even on weekends for God's sake!!! And the authorities will NOT hesitate to tow away your car if any of the rules are breached ok! No such thing as a "Macam mana bang?" or a "Tolong la.. Please la.. Satu kali jer bang".

3. Currency
Everything is times with 3!!! Need I say more??? ARGH!

Mind you... that's RM181.05


Apart from that, I SO HEART MELBOURNE TO BITS AND PIECES OK!!! Amazing country. Amazing scenery. Amazing people. Amazing infrastructure. Amazing government. Amazing quality of life ... *droning on and on ... *

Love;
The-Bride-who-Wants-to-Migrate-to-Melbourne.
Anyone with me? :p

2 comments:

  1. even i get those problems haha, so its just a matter of time before the skin gets used to it :) and yes, parking's a bitch.

    ReplyDelete