Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

To Favour or Not to Favour?

The question has been playing in my mind on and off. Of course providing favours for guests is a really nice gesture and some favours can be pretty too. But on the other hand, it also means additional costs - something that guests sometimes will end up throwing away or leaving behind in the reception area.


Initally, when we had intended to host a garden wedding ceremony, I thought of giving away sandalwood fans which can be placed on each chair. It serves as a quint decor too. It would be practical as guests can fan themselves in the humid weather.


I was also toying with the idea of giving each guests a paper parasol to shield themselves from the heat. Also, it would really make pretty favours as well. And for the walk-in march, my bridesmaids can each hold a paper parasol. Beautiful right?



Then, the garden wedding concept was abandoned. For the church ceremony, since the theme is Spring with green and pink as the colour theme I had decided to give out green apples as favours. Practical, cheap, healthy, doubles up as decor, environmental friendly, and eco-green friendly (if there is such word). I intend (if time permits) to tie them up with pink ribbons and arrange them artistically (?!) on the reception table. Good and economical idea, yes? :)


As for the hotel, they will be providing us with boxes of chocs for each guest (typical). Initially, I wanted to give out chopsticks as favours cos knowing Asians ... they will definately take them back home and probably take their neighbours' and the next table's one as well. But after attending a few weddings, it is becoming quite common.

Then, Bear had this brilliant idea of giving away salt-and-pepper shaker - the embracing type, which is a darn good idea! Unfortunately, we found out in Malaysia it costs about RM3.00+ per piece. Times that with 600 and our costs will escalate!

Since the gang is heading to Bangkok (ahem!), I hope they will be able to survey the pricing (I heard it's really cheap there) and if ngam can buy in bulk and ship back home. But on the other hand, we may not also want to spend additional on favours since the hotel is already providing albeit being typical and boring urgh!

See how it goes la ... but I am still going on with my green apple idea! :)

Love;
The-Bride-To-Be

4 comments:

  1. I will definitely cilok Kelvin's green apple too. Hahahhaa..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siow wan ar you.. ppl still editing the post you already comment! 0_o" Miss you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the apple thingy for the church.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha..where got..It was already there. LOL... I miss you too!

    ReplyDelete