Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Review: Poop Your Way to a Healthier You with TruDtox!

Unfortunately for me, I don't really lead a healthy lifestyle. I do Jazzercise regularly I've been missing 2 months of class and I have been cutting my food portion by half. I try not to eat too much of oily stuff although I do indulge once in awhile. However, I eat out a lot everyday for every meal. My mum has not been cooking for the longest time and I don't cook don't have the time to cook. As you all know, eating out periodically is extremely unhealthy.

Recently, I have been feeling bloated, lethargic, and tired. You know..  just feeling not right inside my body. Further, I hardly go to the toilet (on average 3 days' once). So, I decided to detox myself. After much search, I settled for TruDtox.


Why TruDtox?

  1. It is natural and contains 100% organic herbs, flora, and tea.
  2. Works gently, hence safe for regular consumption.
  3. Doesn't contain laxatives and senna.
    *Note that senna is a type of laxative that when eaten regularly can create bowel dependancy. Yes, very dangerous!
TruDtox comes in a box of 5-sachets and it cost around RM29 (i.e. RM5.80 per teabag). I know not exactly cheap. It comes in two types: The Yellow Box is for Beginners as it is much gentler. The Green Box contains ThermalG which stimulates internal body heat hence helps with losing weight.


For my first try, gung-ho me who is eager to loose weight went straight for the Green Box. To detox with TruDtox, all you need to do is brew one teabag into a cup of boiling hot water for about 20-30 minutes before consuming. Please, DO NOT refill your cup with hot water lest you want to make a full-day appointment with the white throne.

Taste-wise, it wasn't too bad. Actually it tasted quite refreshing! The teabag smells and tastes like a blend between the Starbucks Tazo peppermint tea and chamomile tea. Love it! Once you are on the detox program, you are encouraged to stick to fruits and fibre diet to aid the process. Yours truly me obviously didn't adhere to that la. :p


Truthfully, I was pretty nervous because I don't want to end up sticking in the toilet bowl. Here was an detailed account on what happened:

Detox Attempt 1:
11:00 pm - Drank my first cup of TruDtox. 
8:00 am (the following day) - My stomach had a stirring and I immediately went to the toilet.

What happened is that the following day was a work-day. Uh-oh .. bad move ... because I pooped
- before heading to work : twice
- on the way to work immediately upon reaching the office : once
- before lunch : twice 

I HAVE NEVER POOP SO MUCH IN MY ENTIRE LIFE IN A SINGLE DAY!!!! And yes, it was mushy and not pretty and the smelll... urgh... (sorry for being visual here)

I was so worried I wanted to take MC!

Lesson Learnt:
- Don't try to be a hero and take The Green Box on a first attempt.
- Don't detox on a workday on a first attempt.


Detox Attempt 2 & 3:
I am attempting to make it a point to detox at least twice a week. Learning from my lesson, I took The Yellow Box and it wasn't too bad. I only went to the toilet once. Of course, it was still mushy. -_-"


Feeling After Detoxing?
That stirring feeling is like a very mild stomach-ache so you need not worry too much about it. A word of caution though, you will most likely emit gas from you-know-where quite regualrly so please be smart and cover-line a bit ok.

I feel much lighter after each session and somewhat cleaner on the inside. I don't feel too bloated too. Of course, I can't comment much on the losing weight part cos I've just started the program and has not been doing so consistently. However, I noticed that once you start on the detox, you would naturally cut down on your food intake simply because you don't have the appetite for it. Strange isn't it?

Tips for First-Timers.
  1. Try The Yellow Box first as it is much gentler.
  2. Detox on a weekend (to avoid any "mishaps").
  3. The tea will take into effect 6-8 hours after consumption, so I suggest that you take one after lunch so you can head to the toilet in the night. This cycle also works great for those who are working.
I strongly recommend to make it an effort to detox yourself regularly to cleanse youself from toxins (whichever detox brands that you use is irrelevant) to maintain your overall wellbeing.

Love;
Mrs Lee

5 comments:

  1. Gila la the description of your poops.. I been wanting to try Trudox. Now that you already try.. I can safely try too hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahahahaahah damn disgusting kan? :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg such visuals geri!! >.<

    i've tried it too.. But after pooping so much you feel awesome right LOL so much lighter and flatter tummy!!

    anyway, thought i'd share a more wallet-friendly alternative with you..

    red dates (3-5 depending on size) and kei chi (wolfberries - amount is up to you)

    basically put the herbs in a cup and pour hot water over it and let it sit for a while, then drink on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning.

    u should achieve the same results by the 2nd day - if you take caffeine, then only take on alternate days (may result in headache and usual woes of detox).

    basically it detox your tummy plus your whole system :D my mom has tried it and im gonna start soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babe, sungguh gross hahaha.. but at least, you're honest. Send this to Trudox and they might give you free supplies? hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean : oopps.. my bad! :p your detox way sounds pretty interesting, but i'm just worried if drink first thing in the morning and if i am working.. then it won't be pretty... -.-"

    ReplyDelete