Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

All About Eyeliners


Yup, that's my messy dressing table where I do my make-up and put my nightly moisturizer before I go to sleep. Also, where I dump store my accessories. Yes, I admit - I am a messy person. :p

For this post, I will touch on nothing but eyeliners. Why? Because I found a solution to lasting and smear-free eyeliner! *woots* I have been searching high and low for years for a solution, I kid you not. My make-up skills in general is not too bad - but before the day/night/outing ends, I almost always will end up looking like a raccoon because my eyeliner will smear even if I use water-proof ones. Frustrating ok!!!

Initially, I used Kohl liner and this will smear the worst - I don't even understand why! Gotta say this is the easiest to apply though, very good for first timers. Now, tips for beginners, draw the line as close as you can to your lashes for a more natural look. If you want to be more dramatic, you can opt to line your lower lid from out to inner corner of your eyes. Only line halfway through - use your pupils as indication. Then the other half, you can use white eyeshadow to line it (Please make sure it is a very fine line ok! Tips: Use cotton bud).

Yes, I use Silky Girl - cheap and good.

Then, I tried using liquid liner. Confirm this type wont smear - but I didn't quite like it because the effect is not 'soft' enough. It looks rather edgy and rugged. Plus, my eyes will itch and bengkak every time I uses liquid liner. But then again, maybe because mine was a fake which I bought from the pasar malam.

Yup, my liquid liner is a MAC.
I bought it for RM10 at a pasar malam. Causes severe itch

Frustrated, I was asking my colleague what liner she uses, she said try using gel liner. I know the famous one is Bobbi Brown's - but it is very expensive! Yes to educate those who don't know, usually gel liner comes in a very small glass container not because the manufacturer is kiam, but apparently gel liner dries up very fast so no point in producing a big bottle. So off I went to buy Maybelline's Lasting Drama Water-Proof Gel Liner for RM20+ (now it is retailing for almost RM30+).

The amazing kit

And voila! It works!!! The gel liner still smears at the end of the day but it is not obvious. To me this is already an achievement!! Also, this time around instead of using black, I chose a brown color. More suitable for day make-up. :)

I am very very happy - the liner is still where its suppose to be
even AFTER a spa session! Fantastico!

Am extremely happy with my findings. Looks like I shall be sticking to this liner for a long long time. :D


Love;
Mrs Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment