Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Review : Eve De Beaute @ The Strand

I've used up my voucher from Milkadeal for a spa experience in Eve de Beaute located in The Strand, Kota Damansara. The deal is for RM36 (originally RM168) for a Jacuzzi Spa + Full Body Scrub + Hot Stone Massage + Aromatherapy Full Body Massage for 90 minutes. Fantastic offer, yes? I save 78%!!

Excitedly, Bear and I went to the place – and the first impression was that the place looks like your typical shop-house. There is no ambiance whatsoever and the place is brightly lit up (spas are usually dim with soothing background music). Unfortunately for us, there was an on-going renovation next door and it was so darn noisy!!! Plus, the music played was those cheesy karaoke minus ones – e.g. Unchanged Melody, Smoke Gets in Your Eyes etc. So, basically the first impression was thrown out the window. From their website, it looked so warm and cozy! Kena con.

Then, I was scouting around for the masseurs; usually the good ones are Indonesians, Thais, or those Sabahans/Sarawakians. Lo and behold, the girls are from China (I think) instead and they spoke Mandarin (I don’t understand Mandarin). Granted, they did try speaking in Cantonese and English to accommodate us bananas.

The therapy started with me and Bear separated for the Body Scrub and Jacuzzi because it’s their policy I guess (strange). The massage rooms looked like surgical/dental wards. The changing was the most uncomfortable moment I have ever experience in a spa before (worse than Baliayu Spa Sanctuary). Firstly, you are given G-strings to wear … I don’t know about you but I find it very uncomfortable. Other spas usually use disposable panties. Heck, I don't even know which part to cover up!! Then as you are turning from laying back to front, you have to adjust everything yourself – the masseur wont help you to cover your body, leaving you expose naked (except for the G-string). So, you have to take the towel and cover yourself up. It was really an uncomfortable and to some extent a humiliating experience.

The scrub was ok for me, nothing to shout about. It smells like those cheap perfume/talcum powder though – which I didn’t like. Usually scrubs would smell sweet like cinnamon, lemongrass etc. Then you help yourself to the Jacuzzi. The masseur offered to pour in a bottle of Lavender perfume for relaxing for additional RM15. I politely declined because to me it looks like those where you can purchase from Watsons or Guardian for much less than RM15. The Jacuzzi was typical – just that the tub lights up in green, blue, red, pink, yellow and again and again. Coupled with the renovation noise, cheesy ‘ambiance’ music, and the lala lights … you don’t feel relaxed at all.

Thereafter, you climb out of the tub by yourself and wipe yourself down (no shower despite your body being covered by bubble bath soap -.-“!!!). By the time I was done, Bear was ushered into the same room and the massage started. Bear told me his Jacuzzi experience was bad because the water was too hot. In his words “his telur nearly masak”.

The ‘hot stone massage’ was a rip off! I have tried my first ever hot stone massage in Tru Spa and it was pretty good. At Eve de Beaute, the masseur places the hot stones along your back (standard process) and then uses the stone to rub your back, neck, and shoulder. Normal hot stone massages are waaaayyyy more elaborate than that! What happened is that, they combined the hot stone massage + aromatherapy massage.

Moving on, the aromatherapy massage was HELL for me. So bloody painful despite me saying, showing signs of pain, teared, and clenching my fist. But no … she continued going on and on and on. Urgh~

In general, this was the WORST spa that I have ever been. I don’t know if there are any more worst than this. Thank God I only paid RM36.

Disclaimer: This is only an independent opinion.

Ambiance : 0*
Service : 0*
Value-for-Money : 1*

Love;
Mrs Lee

3 comments:

  1. Wtf?? That bad? Eeee.. this means my very first spa experience will be ruin!! Some more I dont like to expose myself to strangers.. eeeee... I want my money refund now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personal opinion la .. I didn't like it. You have to see it for yourself la .. plus you faster-faster use it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sold my vouchers for cheaper rate. Hahaha.. coz one, kelvin doesnt want to go. two, influenced by your review. Hahaha..

    ReplyDelete