Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 1, 2011

Brazilian Waxing 101


Source: Google

Believe it or not after months of considering, thinking, and chickening out time and again ... I am going for my first ever virgin Brazilian waxing tomorrow! (I can hear gasps coming out from your mouth) Yes, I think I am crazy too. And trust me, I am scared and nervous but at the same time very very excited!!! I think Bear is sexcited too

For those virgins like me, here is a compilation on what I have gathered after weeks of research on the net:


What is Brazilian Waxing?
Er... I'm sorry but which planet are you from? In layman terms, Brazilian waxing simply means removing all of the hairs down under. In case you don't know, removing all includes the front, the labia, and the butt cleavage all waxed off. *sexy!* (yes... your butt has hairs too)

Bikini waxing on the other hand is to remove hairs on the sides of the bikini line. The hairs will be neatly trimmed. Some people may opt for this as a start to gauge on how painful it is before going for a full-on Brazilian.


I am confuse! Where is the Bikini Line? 0_o"
Valid question. Wear your swimsuit/bikinis .. you see the hairs sticking out at the sides? Those area is the bikini line *gross*


How do you prepare yourself prior to a Brazilian Waxing?
  1. For first timers, it is CRUCIAL that you look for a reputable, hygienic, and professional wax boutique. Make sure that the therapist do not double-dip their spatulas!!! Please don't be stingy on the $$ and compromise on these aspects. Your nether region is your most sensitive and sacred area - treat it like your little sis!
  2. When you book an appointment, do let them know that it is your first time so that they will take the time to explain to you and recommend a more experienced therapist for you.
  3. Try not to go 1 week before or after your period because it is more painful due to hormonal changes. If you must, go after your period. And for goodness sake, do not go during your period - please have some respect for your therapist!
  4. You are advised to exfoliate and scrub your nether region 1 day prior to the waxing appointment. This is to remove dead skin and for the wax to adhere better.
  5. If you shave, it is best if you wait out for about 2 weeks for the hair to grow so that the wax is able to grip the hair properly.
  6. If pain is your major concern, you can pop 2 Panadols prior to the waxing. Personally, I don't think it is necessary unless if you are a wuss ~ hehe
  7. Finally, on the day of the waxing .. please wash up before going ok. You don't want flies flying out from down there when you strip down. Personal hygiene ladies! And lastly, calm yourself down and try to enjoy the process .. it is not as bad as you think it is!

Why would I pay and subject myself to such a torture?
  1. Vain Pot. I am not ashamed to admit it - I am vain! And in my quest for vanity, I think it is high time that I remove those unwanted hairs in my nether region. Unfortunately for me, I am quite a hairy person (for a Chinese) and waxing is the way to go.
  2. Sexay. Come on girls, we all know that it is extremely sexy to be "bushless" down there. There is a certain sex-appeal to it.
  3. Curiosity. Yes, I am darn curios on how would it feel like doing a Brazilian, on whether if it is painful, and how does it look like without the hairs.
  4. Cleanliness. Men circumcise for hygiene purposes. Women do Brazilian for hygiene purposes. It is true - without the hairs it is so much more easier to clean and care for your nether region. Especially when you are having your period. Sorry don't mean to be gross.

So who will I give my Brazilian virginity to?

Source: Klue

Yes, after researching I have selected Honeypot Wax Boutique. Honeypot is relatively new in Malaysia (they are quite established in Singapore). They opened their doors in May 2010 with its first outlet in Bangsar Shopping Centre. Last week, a second outlet was opened in One Utama Old Wing.


Why Honeypot?
  1. I've got a good deal from Groupon for a 50% discount on Brazilian Waxing in Honeypot
  2. They have (almost) perfected the art of Brazilian waxing with their revolutionary in-house Cherry Pie Hot Wax which is developed in Australia for an almost painless experience.

  3. Extremely good reviews and the therapists are gentle and quick to ensure that the experience is as comfortable as possible.
  4. Hygiene and cleanliness is their utmost priority with a no double-dipping policy.
  5. Pricing-wise Honeypot is the most reasonable in relation to those who are in the market currently.
  6. The place is extremely chic and classy decked in pink and black giving you a sexy and boudoir feel to it.

Can't wait!!
Stay tune for the next post on my experience!

Love;
Mrs Lee

10 comments:

  1. Brazilian Waxing really is a crucial thing for me, I'm too scared of such thing. The pain, just by imagining it tickles my bones. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find a reputable one! The pain is so bearable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's another tip to prepare yourself before the actual procedure: If you really have a low tolerance from pain, or you just want to reduce the pain you receive from waxing, you can look and buy a numbing cream in your local area or ask the therapist if they have one. If they have, apply it on your inner thighs and pubic regions, as these areas are the most painful part to wax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the people at honeypot uses some spray/lotion (don't remember what it's called) to so-called ease the pain before waxing as well.

    to me ... the "pain" is very very bearable to won't be an issue for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm a newbie to this area as well, and yes the pain is bearable. the kitties are a pro. will definitely go back n have another treatment :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. hie.. which outlet do you go to? i only look for Chise (BSC) or Corrine (1-U)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you need brazilian waxing New York, visit Dyanna Spa beauty salon. Professional painless and safe hair removal services for men and women in Manhattan NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waxing Services at VLCC Wellness. Including full body, face, bikini wax, or French Manicure, Brazilian Wax. Hair Wax for Women

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always going to keep myself bare! Who want's to play in the jungles down under? & Besides that you just never know what's lurking in them bushes. We (hubby & me) prefer to be completely bare down there for each other, but it doesn't hurt to have a pretty kitty to begin with for the ladies in order to be all bare. We both enjoy it very much on the look & feel of it on each other to be silky smooth down there so we get waxed on a reg. basis, we enjoy the beauty & sensuous feel of a full Brazilian (Hollywood Style) on each other. Not too mention it makes his beautiful, smooth manhood looking even more endowed to me at slightly over 23 cm's (9 in.) , besides who wants hair it just gets in the way & who wants to rub their Brillo pads (Pubic hairs) together? Just a matched pair of very happy smoothies & I'm just luving every smooth inch of him! He takes very good care of both me & my pretty kitty & he knows just how to make her purrrr! ;-)
    No hair, don' t care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this blog!! The flash up the top is awesome!! Spa services in Manhattan

    ReplyDelete