Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Please Don't Over-React

Source: Google

Throughout my pregnancy, I have been more of a happy-go-lucky mummy except for the first trimester as oppose to those paranoid mummies out there. Don't get me wrong, I am not here to condemn as everyone is entitled to their own opinions. What I meant by paranoid is over-worrying to the point where you almost live in a glass bubble. To the point that it gets quite irritating.

I have been given "advises" on what you should or shouldn't do, what you should or shouldn't eat etc. To me, I only listen to one person and that's Dr Delaila. I feel pregnant mums should not over-react, our bodies are made tough. The baby in your womb is made tough. To me, so long as everything is done in moderation then everything will be fine.

And we all know the cause of miscarriages is primarily due to your body's natural reaction to "expel" anything that is unhealthy, or due to a fall, or due to sickness ... not due to what you eat or what you do.

Food: 
I have been eating as normal except for half-boil eggs and raw food (risk of bacteria), clams (risk of Hepatitis), and pineapple. All the above were told by Dr Delaila to not consume. Aside from that, I've been told by others to not eat "cooling" stuff like watermelon, "heaty" stuff like durians, and "herbal" stuff like bak kut teh. 

Honestly, I still eat them when I feel like it. I just don't eat a lot of those and I eat them less frequently. Come on! Two slices of watermelon won't cause miscarriage! Once in two months of bak kut teh won't cause miscarriage! Pineapple slices in a slice of pizza won't cause miscarriage! Don't be too paranoid!!

In fact, just past few days I had Japanese with Bear and took two slices of sashimi. If others find out, I'm sure to be lectured. It's only two pieces, what harm will it cause?

I still enjoy my coffee and tea occasionally (although Dr Delaila say try to avoid), but I have taken the effort to cut down a lot. No big deal. *shrug*

Of course certain items are a big no-no like alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs.

Carrying Heavy Stuff:
I work in an office and would sometimes required to carry files. I just make sure that it is within my limitation and I don't over-exert. I don't believe that once you are pregnant you should be immobile and just sit and do nothing. Being pregnant doesn't mean that you are disable! You are still as capable as the rest of your colleagues.

Radiation:
This is the worse "do not do" item I have ever heard!! Stay away from handphones! Stay away from computer! Heloo!!!! Before you were pregnant also you were exposed to these items what - why now only you want to be so overly concerned?? Your baby is strong enough to withstand it ok. Takkan you want to live in a  bubble wrap? 

In fact, I am typing this blog post using the laptop which is resting on my lap. *gasps* Radiation alert? I think not. 

With lots of prayer, trusting God, doing everything in moderation, keeping yourself joyful and happy - everything will fall into place. :)

Love;
Mummy Geri 

1 comment:

  1. I'll come visit you everyday once I moved to the other block hehehe.. to see baby hehehe.. cant wait !!

    ReplyDelete