Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 17, 2012

Pregnancy Update : Week 31 (2 more months to go!!)


My goodness .. just now when I was applying lotion to my tummy area, I took a glimpse of my tummy and I went ..

0_0"

Seriously?

I turned to my side profile and to my front profile and I went ...

0_o" again

My tummy has grown so much in a short span of 1 week, it is unbelievable!! When I was in Sydney last week, I don't remember it looking that huge. Neither do I remember looking huge when I went for my checkup on the 11th Sept with Dr Delaila.

For comparison sake, the picture below was taken when I was in Bondi Beach two weeks back.


-.-" Unbelievable.

Cannot be because of my binging session in Sydney right?

As of my last checkup, I went up another 3 kgs and the baby bear is 1.5kg. Dr Delaila mentioned that the estimated delivery weight of the baby would be 3.1kg which is normal weight. *phew* I don't want to be tearing everywhere. 

So far everything has been going on track (Thank you Jesus!) and here is a brief update on my pregnancy journey:

(1) Tummy has exploded went exceptionally huge week by week.

(2) Along with it, my hips and thighs has "widened" so much, I can barely fit into my maternity pants comfortably. Dress is the way to go now! 

(3) The "stretched area" i.e. tummy, hips, and buttocks is getting itchier. Understandable because of the rapid explosion expansion.

(4) With the additional weight of the baby bear, my back is starting to take a toll. I've been having constant backache especially the lower back area. Sleeping can be sometimes uncomfortable trying to find a good position to snooze it. 

(5) Doesn't help that I hunch a lot have a scoliosis problem

(6) Baby bear is having a field time kicking mummy especially in the night when he is suppose to be sleeping. I can even see him turning/moving around in my tummy sometimes - it's such an amazing experience! :)

So yup ... that should be all the updates. Until the next time.

Love;
Mummy Geri

3 comments:

  1. Thats so fast! 2 more months till we see baby bear :)))) Cant wait :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your earlier post on the terrible itching, luckily its healing well!

    I use bio-oil everyday, if it weren't for it I'm quite sure I would've gotten stretch marks and rashes by now because my tummy's growth is just so rapid. Just met my friend who is also pregnant at 7 months and the size of our tummies are the same, I'm currently only 21+ weeks but with twins.

    My back was very bad until I started taking calcium lactate pills prescribed by the hospital.

    Remember to have a bolster / flattish pillow / blanket (anything really), to support your tummy when you lie on the side. It helps to hold up the tummy slightly and eases the pressure on the lower back tremendously.

    Enjoy the final 2 months! (although I've been told they are the longest months because you just feel like a whale lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! you are carrying twins?? congrats!!! my skin condition I found out is not mere rashes but PUPPP, where it develops into almost like hives or measles. The itch is soooooooooo unbearable and there is nothing I can do about it. It wil go away after delivery. :(

    ReplyDelete