Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pregnancy Woe! I've Been Attacked by Rashes

Remember my horrific skin problem ?? 


It's now back! With a vengeance. T_T

I've suddenly developed this ugly rash all over the sides of my body, all the way up to my bra-line,  all the way down to my waist and groin area. T_T

The itch needless to say is unbearable at times. T_T

It's like .. having measles alllllllll over again!! T_T

Rash at the sides

Got a bit worried and hurried to Dr Delaila and she said it is pregnancy related - the skin condition is called pregnancy dermatitis (or something along that line). And most likely I will get it in my subsequent pregnancies *in denial*

AND IT WILL ONLY GO OFF ONCE I DELIVER. T_T  T_T

Can't be helped. It's those pregnancy hormones again.

On a consolation, I have seen Google other skin conditions which are pregnancy related and they are far worst off than me. So in a way, I should be thankful (?!)

Anyway, right now all I can do is take anti-histamines and apply Eurax cream to stop the itch and hopefully prevent me from scratching (as per Dr Delaila's recommendation). I am praying hard that it will go away soon. :(

It's everywhere!!

Meanwhile, on my own I am still applying my Bio Oil and Pureen Stretch Mark cream dilligently because it does help get rid of the itchiness temporarily. Well, at least it will help with the moisturizing and hopefully prevent scarring. 

Powder and calamine lotion are my constant companion now.

p/s: doesn't help that our Malaysian weather is hot too. :( :( :(:(:(

p/p/s: will probably head to the dermatologist to seek for a second opinion this weekend. 

Why ME??!?!!
Emofied Mummy Geri

2 comments:

  1. Babe, 2 more months! Also, maybe the haze kot? It's still panas despite the haze :(((


    Take care and drink more water :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. confirm.. it's a pregnancy-related skin problem :(

    ReplyDelete