Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

To-Do List : 1-Month Before Expected Delivery Date

I was still going through my normal routine happily when bear went around telling (almost) everyone in sight that I am only 7 weeks to my delivery date.

And that freaked me out got me on my toes and then I realised that my nursery is not set up yet. My hospital bag check-list is not done yet. Some other essential stuff has not been bought yet.

0_o"

So I was Googling and was bombarding my friend on what to expect, what to bring along, and what to do upon admission to the hospital (coincidentally two of her kids were delivered in SJMC by Dr Delilah).

I know a lot of first-time mummies like me are clueless, so I shall take the liberty of listing down whatever useful information that I have with me on hand.

Hopefully, you first-timers out there will find it useful. :)

What to Pack in Your Hospital Bag?
(i) Mummy:
- Pajamas (2-piece with button down shirt for easy nursing)*
- Disposable panties (provided for by SJMC)*
- Maternity pads (Madam by Pureen is recommended)*
- Nursing bra
- Nursing cover (easier to breastfeed with visitors around)
- Breast-pads
- Breastpump (just in case if baby can't latch properly)
- Clean towel
- Slippers / Socks
- Toiletries (toothbrush / toothpaste / comb etc)
- Home-going outfit

(ii) Baby:
- Milk bottle*
- Mamypoko infant (1 pack)*
- Baby blanket
- Mittens & Booties (2 pairs)
- Home-going outfit

(iii) Essential:
- Admission letter / letter of guarantee / documents etc
- Wallet
- Mobile charger
- Camera
- Infant car seat
- Food/Snacks (for energy when your labour is too long)

* All these items are provided for by SJMC, chargable of course. But I would prefer to bring my own.

What Must You Do 1-Month Before Expected Delivery Date?
- Ensure all your letters/documents are ready.
- Do up a birth plan (if you have one). 
- Pen down your requests (e.g. single room? etc).
- Select a pead that's attach to the hospital (it's a requirement).
- Bring your hospital bag on-the-go.
- Do a pre-admission with the hospital.

So yeah.. I guess those are the essential things to prepare before the big day.

Love;
Mummy Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment