Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Decor

The theme for our Matrimony Service in church has long been determined since the start by me. Since we had to give up having a garden wedding, I've decided to spend a little bit more on the church decor to re-create (as much as I can) an indoor garden. Knowing how disappointed I was that we had to change our venue, Bear gave his thumbs up. :)

And then, the search begun and I was emailing vendors asking for their quotes. It was relatively simple as I knew what sort of theme and color coordination that I wanted. I intend to have lots of flowers in hues of pink, and lots of flowing leaves/vines. To accentuate the decor, I also wanted to incorporate butterflies, green apples, and birdcages into the design.


1) Wishing Tree
Ask any brides and they will swear by using Wishing Tree. I don't deny that they are very established (10 years in the market!). Their designs are fantastic and is always being featured in bridal magazines. Three words to describe; clean, crisps, and sweet. Alas, I had to give them up as they are over our budget. But honestly I highly recommend them, if budget is not an issue. The contact person was really accommodating and friendly. You may visit their blog for more updates on real wedding decors.



2) Grace Silverline Craft Co. & Heart To Heart Weddings
This is another up and coming vendor that you can consider. The contact person whom I liaised with was Victoria and she too is a very pleasant lady. Their designs are more extravagant (honestly, I prefer Wishing Tree). I also noticed that they do a lot of domes, which I think is their specialization. I didn't choose them because the pricing wasn't right and the designs were not really what I wanted. Anyway, here is the blog.


I didn't really get to liaise with them much as they didn't want to layan me anyways. So, I have nothing much to write about them.



4) Favors Essence
Because I am so kiasu that I plan 1 year ahead, they were unable to provide me with a quote. So in the end, I had no choice but to scrap them off my list.


5) La Revee Event & Floral Decoration
By chance, I bumped into their website while surfing the net in the office. I kinda like their designs and emailed them to ask for quotes. Now, how they work is you provide them the budget that is comfortable, and they will start throwing in ideas based on your budget. It works really well with us. Met up with May, the person in charge and the ideas that she put forward were really original and I loved it! Best of all, they don't stinge on flowers. She can even improvise and replicate the designs that you want! I have my eyes set on some Wishing Tree designs :p. May is currently working with a prominent florist here (of course I can't reveal the name) for 7 years and she is considering coming out on her own to set up her own business.

Basically, what they offer will be tailored around your budget to ensure that money is well spent. Well, needless to say we are engaging them for our church decor. We have yet to confirm with her on the designs and payment of deposit. Of course, we would need to seek our Pastor's consent on how extensive can the decor be before signing up with May. Hopefully the final outcome will turn out beautiful.


Love;
The-Bride-To-Be

No comments:

Post a Comment