Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pregnancy Update : Week 37 (I am full-term now!)

Note: Will upload my 37 weeks baby bump when I get back home later. 


Or in other words, my pregnancy has reached its F.U.L.L  T.E.R.M.

Which means like or not ready or not the baby bear will make an appearance very very soon (or loosely translated to : a.n.y.t.i.m.e.).

(Actually technically, at this point in time I am almost 38 weeks)

As of my last checkup with Dr Delaila two weeks back, the baby bear has not engaged yet although he is sitting at a pretty low position - which explains why I need to rush to the toilet almost every 30 minutes to pee due to the pressure. On second thought, I guess it could be because Mummy is short petite hence the torso area is short so the baby bear is too cramped up inside. Or maybe he has long limbs and tall like Daddy.

I shall go with the second reason. *denial*

I have been asking around (via FB) on whether if it is common for babies to make an appearance earlier than the expected due date (EDD). And yes, based on some experienced mummies, they do. Some say 2 weeks in advance and most of them 1 week in advance. Which means according to my EDD which is Nov 15, it could be either this week or the next.

0_o" 


No wonder people in the office and even my big boss keep on asking me on why am I still around and not going off on leave already. Yes, I am an employee contoh - hardworking like that. *ahem* I want that promotion next year~!!

Physically, I am still able albeit walking a little like a penguin now. Stamina has gone down by notches and I would need to catch my breath after a long short walk or even standing up for too long. I am still driving myself around. Can still concentrate on my work although I do doze off once a while. Am still attending meetings. Heck, I am even joining my team's karaoke session this Friday! 

Staying home alone for the next few days also is ok for me.
Yes, I am independent like that. :)

Well of course, my hospital bag is on-the-go with me all the time la.. just in case. 

All of the baby stuff and necessities have already been bought and set-up - except for a few bottles that I haven't got to washing yet. Oh.. and I need to prepare the bedding for the cot too. 

Honestly, I am quite surprised at myself at handling the impending child-birth pretty calmly. From young I always had a fear of this moment because I am terrified of hospitals and needles and everything that is related to it (I had an open eye surgery when I was a toddler - will further elaborate on another blog post). I guess it's the preparation of the antenatal class, talking to friends, and in general anticipating for the arrival of the baby bear outweighs the fear. Of course, knowing exactly how I want to manage the pain (i.e. epidural all the way) also helps a lot. 

I guess ultimately the trick is to take everything with a laugh and a smile. Stay positive, and I will be able to go through childbirth without any problems. Of course, trusting and focusing on God is also very crucial as well.

Actually, I am more concern about taking care of the baby, the late nights, the breastfeeding, whether if we will be good parents etc.

And we've finally came to an agreement on the baby's name - managed to convince bear to deviate away from his list of Man U player names *roll eyes*. Choosing a nice and not too common name with a good meaning is pretty tough. It is an important duty of the parents to not come up with a stupid funny name or risk your child being taunted and made fun of for the rest of his/her life. Ohh.. such burden! His Chinese name will be determined by my father-in-law - yes, I may be open-minded, but certain Chinese customary must be followed and this is one of it. 

So yeah ... we've about 16 days to go and Mummy can't wait to see you Baby I (oh.. that's a hint!). Am already constantly imagining on how you would look like already. Such exciting times ahead!!

Love;
Mummy Geri

3 comments:

  1. Yorrr.. I am so excited to see baby bear.. eh.. I mean baby I.. hmm.. Ian maybe? Or is Isaac? Orrr.. ice cream? Hehehehe...

    Text us ok? When baby is out.. :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice-Cream Lee hahahaahahahahaha ... likes to eat junk food just like daddy :p

    Aiyo.. you will sure be one of the first to know la! Plus it will be live update all over FB man

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll rush over to SDMC wei.. hahahaha!

    I think by then I can drive quite ok d one hehehe..

    ReplyDelete