Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Why Did I Choose SDMC to Give Birth?

No.. I have not given birth yet. But I am due really soon (about 3 weeks from now assuming that I don't go into early labor). I've been asked by some friends on why did I choose SJMC SDMC as my preferred choice to deliver my first baby given that it is not that near to my house compared to the other hospitals like Assunta or Pantai Bangsar. 

After talking and consulting my friends who are now mummies, I am convinced that I've made a correct choice based on the following reasons.

(1) My Gynecology Dr Delaila.
She is the best ever. She is God-sent. And I heart her a lot. Also, I trust no one to deliver my baby bear but her. Of course, she is also based in SDMC :)

(2) Pro-Breastfeeding.
Very very important. I need a hospital that supports breastfeeding 100%. In SDMC, they have designated lactation consultants who will attend to you immediately after you give birth to assist first-time mummies, making sure that the baby latch-on correctly and to answer any queries that you may have on breastfeeding.

I've asked around and apparently the nurses are also very supportive of breastfeeding. They will make it a point to bring your baby to you every two hourly for him/her to direct latch onto your breast to stimulate milk supply. 

From one of my friend's recently not-so-good experience in TMC in another hospital,  the nurses just chuck the baby to her and left her there alone to figure out on what to do. She is like me a first-timer too. Sheesh .. bad bad service!

(3) Nurses / Medical Personnel. 
Overall feedback on the nurses are good. Gentle, patient, and caring. I have two friends in fact who recently gave birth in TMC another private hospital who said that the nurses are clueless on what to do during the delivery. That is real bad! 

(4) Facilities.
Top-notch facilities. They even have Dome, Subway, and 1901 Hotdog! Need I say more? 

(5) Labor Ward. 
During our antenatal class, we had a tour of the labor ward and I have to say that it was far from what I imagine it to be (always thought that it would look like an operating theater). The room is like your standard single room in the hospital, only bigger. Fully-equipped with the necessary medical equipment, TV, lazy chair for your husband, and in general .. somewhat.. pleasant and not too menacing and scary.

(6) Choosing the Best - Because I Can.
Naturally, giving birth in SDMC is not exactly cheap (what is the standard package price anyway?). During my pre-admission, I have enquired on the estimated cost and assuming if there is no C-Sect, the cost would come to approximately RM4,500 - RM5,000. I am pretty blessed because out of it my company is subsidizing RM3,000. On top of it, my company further subsidized on the room for RM168/night. *hallelujah*

And so, that concludes why SDMC is my choice. Of course, the "actual review" can only be done after I've given birth la. So wait for it ok ... that is if I have the time still when the baby bear comes along la.

Love;
Mummy Geri

4 comments:

  1. Im also delivering in SDMC and seeing Dr Delaila =) am just wondering hv u done ur wax? Because I actually stumble upon ur blog while researching about Brazilian wax. I've done it once before I got married, so since ppl say nurses will shave u clean down there once u check into the hospital so I thought better off I go for a Brazilian. Can u pls share ur experience waxing while ur in ur third tri? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I have done because I don't want to be shaved.. better and cleaner during recovery I feel. actually to me waxing during the last trimester is no difference than my normal routine. I did mine 2 weeks ago. All done in 20mins :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If u dont mind me asking, where did u get it done? Previously I did mine at strip but i've read a lot of gr8 reviews on honeypot. So it's not that painful lah eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. from day 1 I do in honeypot and have never looked back since. first time I was very nervous as well .. but after the experience it was soooooooo bearable! fyi I have very low pain threshold level. I suggest if u go to their bsc outlet look for chise and if 1u look for corrine. when you book tell them you are pregnant and your concerns on the pain. they will know what to do :)

    ReplyDelete