Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 12, 2012

Pregnancy Update : Week 35 (We are Almost There!)

During my last check-up with Dr Delilah on 8 Oct, she mentioned that my baby bear is lying head down a bit low and she reckoned that I may have an early delivery. 

0_o" 

I think she saw my panicked face and quickly added that it will be at most 1 - 1 1/2 weeks earlier. Which means around the first week of November. Which means it would be about 3 weeks from now.

0_0"

And then she went on the schedule my next check-up earlier on the 19 Oct in the afternoon. She suspects that by then my baby would be engaged.

Source: Baby Center

-.-"

My Level of Readiness: 
Wahlau ... too much of information to absorb in that one night of checkup. My hospital bag also haven't packed yet. I've been procrastinating. Good thing is that my baby cot has been set-up and most of the clothing and bedding has been washed. Only thing left are the bottles, sterilizer,  breast pumps etc. And Bear would be travelling too sometime in October, I hope I don't go into labour when he's not around. :(

Need to schedule my wax appointment before delivery too!!


Pregnancy: 
Am beginning to miss my pregnancy severely. :( Aside from that, everything is going on track. Praise God for that. Just that sometimes I feel a bit of a backache and the muscle just beneath my breast feels sore from baby bear's constant moving and kicking.


In the next check-up, Dr Delilah will do a vagina swab test to see if I have Group B Strep (read more here) which is a type of bacteria that invades your vagina and may be infected  onto your baby upon delivery. If that happens, for the first 12 hours after birth, your baby will be closely monitored for fear of infection. This could lead to death of the baby.

So pray for me ya ... that my test will turn out negative. :)

Baby: 
The little bear has been having a field time kicking mummy pretty hard. I also understand - the space in my uterus is getting a little cramped up. Sometimes the movement is so vigorous, it almost felt like a spasm! Oh ya, from the scan Dr Delilah said that my baby bear has a nice sharp nose (just like mummy!) :)

Birth Plan:
Nothing too extreme or gung-ho. Dr Delilah has given me a letter meant for pre-admission procedures in SJMC.

I would like to have the following:
- Normal vaginal birth.
- Epidural to be given as soon as I can (usually dilated up to 2-3cm).
- If can, no episiotomy.
- If can, no vacuum or forceps.
- I would want my hubby to be there.
- I would want to bring my pillow busuk in also.
-Just be positive, with no expectations... and relax.


So yeap, ready or not .. the baby bear is gonna make an appearance soon :)

Love;
Mummy Geri

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking out my blog. Wishing you a safe delivery and all the best in your breastfeeding efforts. There's always TBAN if you have any questions :)

    nileey

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! yup.. TBAN is like my lifeline support. so glad to have them around :)

    ReplyDelete