Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I May Be Induced

Coming 40 weeks

I am 2 days to the EDD and there is still no signs of labor :(. My baby is so stubborn. Yesterday, during my final checkup with Dr Delaila, she had advised that I should be induced if I past the EDD. Reason being: 

(1) Baby is full-term. No point in waiting longer.
(2) Water in the amniotic sac is getting lesser and lesser.
(3) To avoid a situation of the fetal being in distress in the womb.

Well, the Dr knows best right? 

And so, we had scheduled for an induced labor on Nov 16 (Friday) in the morning at 8-9am. Dr Delilah was very accommodating, she immediately called SDMC and booked a labor room for me. She further explained the entire procedure to me in detail and asked me not to worry too much as I can still go through the normal delivery process.

A pill will be inserted into the vagina to stimulate contraction, the waterbag will be poked and burst, and if dilation/contraction doesn't take place, I will be put on drips to heightened the process. :( 

It is kinda sad because I don't want to be induced. Being induce is to initiate the contraction artificially. And because of the "artificial" initiation of contraction - the labor tend to be more painful as your uterus is suddenly put into work at overtime speed. 

But looks like I don't have a choice isn't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment