Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Postpartum

After birth, I was still okay, happy, and chirpy while in SJMC for 5 days (needed to stay longer as Baby Isaac had jaundice and needed to be under phototherapy). I thought I wont get the postpartum blues. I thought I was strong.


How wrong I was.

In less then 1 week after being discharged from the hospital during my confinement at home, I started feeling really down and moody. I didn't want to talk to anyone. I didn't even wanna take a look at the baby. I only wanted to be alone in my room. Sometimes I cry for no reason. 

Thank God for me I acknowledged that I am getting into postpartum blues. Even family members and my husband can see it. It was that obvious. 


I am now entering into week 2 on my confinement and things are looking pretty upbeat at the moment. I still get the blues especially in the evenings but I am trying to manage and overcome it. My parents encouraged me to talk to Dr Delilah and see if she can prescribed some hormonal tablets to balance up my system and prevent it from getting worse. 

I really hope that this phase would pass over soon because I don't want to be stuck in this situation. 

And for those new mummies out there, postpartum blues is very common and I urge you to talk about it with your husband and family members. It is something very normal as our hormones are imbalance at the moment. Get yourself surrounded by loved ones. Don't lock yourself up because it can lead to depression. 



Love;
Mummy Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment