Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

3 months away .... *shudder*

Counting down: 3 months 1 week and 4 days from the wedding. 0_o" *shivers*

Sometimes it feels nerve-wrecking knowing that we are only months away from the wedding. At times, I don't feel excited at all - almost to the effect of wanting to get the wedding over and done with. And then, there are times when I feel that there are still so much nitty-gritty things to be done! Our pre-wedding MV haven't shoot yet. Caterer for lunch in church is not confirmed yet. Guest list is not finalized. Invitation cards are not printed out yet. Have not liaised with the hotel management on the final details. Have not finalized on the itinerary for the dinner program yet *not yet even start practice!! argh!* Don't even talk about the reaaalllly finer things such as chi mui games, tea-pot for the tea ceremony, decorating the house with red 'hei' stickers etc etc.

So much to do.. I also feel so sien already. :( The wedding preparation has been shelved off for some time to make way for our new condo. Renovation works has finally finished *hallelujah* except for a little bit of touch up here and there. It was not until Steph reminded me that we only have 3 months to go before the wedding that I realized the urgency of it! -.-" Really, the title of the world most relax bride should be conferred to me.

The next crucial step in the wedding preparation is the wedding invites. Initial plan was to engage in Storybo*k, until I was asking around in church and found a friend who was willing to design my invites and church bulletin for me *Thank you Jesus!* The process started in May and we were going back and forth with ideas. Drafts after drafts were emailed across - and after many changes, we have finally confirmed on the design and layout of the invites. Very simple, fuss-free, and sweet designs I must say. Totally adore them!

Of course for the church invites, the wordings have to be submitted to Pastor for approval. And mine was approved! :) One more tip for you Flo, the church invite and bulletin must have the word 'Holy Matrimony' ya.

Wordings for your invites are very very important. If the invites comes from the groom side, then his parents' name must come first and vice versa for the bride. Also, make sure the details are clearly stated to avoid confusion. Make it short, straight to the point, and meaningful. Of course, for my invites I have also incorporated some Scriptures. :)

Below is the 2nd draft of my church and dinner invites. The final one has been sent to the designer (aka my church friend) for a mock print.

Church Invites. Pretty, right? :)
It flows exactly with my theme!


Dinner Invites. We went through a lot of drafts and
designs for the dinner invites.
She sent me a total of 4 designs
for me to choose - of which ALL were very beautiful!
After much deliberation, I finally settled for this one.
There is something very serene and classy
about this design which I love. :)



The process flow is fairly simple albeit tedious. You confirmed on your design and check the wordings. Once everything is finalized, you ask your designer to do a mock-up print so you will have a rough feel on the end product. This will be your final confirmation - and once approved by you, your fiance, and both sides of the parents ... the card is ready to be printed!

Right now, I am waiting for the mock-up. Hopefully can get the invites sorted out by mid-July so can start writing the names down and disbursing already. Am already dreading the RSVP and table arrangement part though. :(

Love;
The-Bride-To-Be

No comments:

Post a Comment