Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 16, 2012

I Love Charm Bracelets (part 1)

Yes I do!! In fact, in my possession I have two expensive charm bracelets from Thomas Sabo and my first ever and probably the last Tiffany & Co. Both are presents from Bear. As much as I adore charm bracelets, I still can't bring myself to spend exorbitantly for one piece of sterling silver. 

Thomas Sabo

Unless if it is a present. Heh~ My Thomas Sabo bracelet with all its charms cost roughly RM900, whereas the Tiffany & Co classic Return to Tiffany bracelet cost RM1,200. Extremely pricey I know. 

Return to Tiffany

Fret not, pretty and custom-made charm bracelets/necklaces need not always be expensive. I managed to find two such blogs which sells amazing pieces. 

And so one fine day I was flipping through The Star and came upon an inspiring story of Mei, who had cancer and was paralyzed waist down. She found God and through His grace, she started the business of handmade charm accessories. You may opt to custom-make your pieces of jewelry - you can refer to the design on her blog and then converse with her via email an your requirement.

Dainty by Crafted by Mei

Droplets by Crafted by Mei

I have used the above two designs to be combined as one and asked Mei to custom-make a charm bracelet for me. Can't wait to see the outcome. :)

Aside from the charm bracelet, I have also requested for Mei to make two necklaces for me inspired by these two designs below. One is more casual for my everyday wear, and the other is more sweet and can be used for formal wear as well.

Chrysalis by Crafted by Mei

Made in the style of Morning Dew by Crafted by Mei

(2) Diary of a Miniature Enthusiast
In my honest opinion, I prefer the designs from here because they are more unique and they have more themes to choose from. Of course, you may custom-make your designs as well. I have chosen two charm bracelet designs. 

One is Dainty & Demure No. 2 below with minimal changes. I am really a sucker  big fan of all things sweet and lovely. Couldn't resist on this one. :)

Dainty & Demure No.2 by Diary of a Miniature Enthusiast

Then as I was scrolling the site, I came across this charm bracelet with an antique kind of a feel. So quaint! I've requested to add in a little more color into the bracelet so we shall see how it goes. :)

Old Chinese Cafe Charm Bracelet by Diary of a Miniature Enthusiast

So if you are as crazy about charms as I am and don't want to over-spend, please do go through the above two sites. I am sure you would find something that is of interest to you. Will do another post on the custom-made jewelry once I've gotten the bracelets/necklaces. :)

Love;
Mummy Geri

9 comments:

  1. So Pretty!! I also nak beli ni hehehe.. browsing the designs now.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didnt know you were such a big fan of accessories? Always thouhgt we were not really into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not really into it.. but looks like a good idea for gifts for friends.. hahaha.. sometimes, wanna buy gifts but like tak nak beli off the shelves. Myself not into accessories except for watch LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha!! Gonna browse around for ideal birthday gifts d hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the thomas sabo bracelets as you mentioned in your blog.

    Thomas Sabo Bracelet UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing collection right here, fabulous for any occasion as a gift or online sales. Follow our website of Pohkong to find out much more collective jewelery bracelet for women in malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information.
    leather bracelets

    ReplyDelete
  8. Plethora is a famous place to buy Malaysia Handmade products. We have a wide range of latest Handmade soap, Handmade beauty products, Handmade bracelets and more Handmade accessories. Here on Plethora, you can find the latest range of Handmade bracelets for your partner, maybe it's a good gift for him/her.

    ReplyDelete