Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pre-Wedding Engagement Shoot (Part 1)

... which loosely translates to Project PWES.

Yup, that's what its all about. I have been going on and on and on with this Project and it finally materialized last week (22 August 2008). And let me tell you, our *ahem* professional photographer was darn good ok! Like seriously! Art + Passion. Hire her!!! Hire her!!!!


Prologue:
This came about very innocently when me, Stephie, and Angie were emailing each other on some wedding related stuff when Stephie suddenly exclaimed that Angie should do a simple pre-wedding cum engagement shoot for me and Bear. Apparently, this is the norm in Australia - not too sure about here though.

We were just randomly talking and toying with the idea when suddenly Angie became serious about it. We knew that all along she wanted to venture into photography as a part-time thingy simply because she is passionate about it. And of course since Stephie just only took her own pre-wedding pictures and had their engagement-cum-ROM last December, the very natural next guinea pig selection would be me and Bear.

I gladly took the offer - who wouldn't like to be all dressed up and take pictures right?? At first, it was suppose to be very casual. Summer dresses, jeans, skirts, DIY makeup etc -and then as we progressed on, we were suddenly talking about using wedding gowns, bouquet of flowers, professional makeup and hairdo. Yes, we Angie was dead serious!


Props:
That further explained why I went to Neoromantic to MTM a gown and to time the makeup trial to be the same as this Project. Let me start with the makeup, the first trial was with Ally @ 12:30 pm and I would say she is really nice to talk with. Very cincai and not so calculative. Her makeup was ok (you will see at the end of this post) just that I felt too much foundation was applied - is it normal? Apparently, for bridal makeup the foundation is to even out the tone of your skin and in some cases to cover the eye bags and pimples. Ally said that my actual pre-wedding shoot with the bridal house will be even worse! *shudders*

Feedback: Bear said ok. Angie said ok. So, yup straightaway paid the deposit to secure her. Easier la.. lazy want to look around for others. Plus, I may have a strong likelihood to consider her body art on the actual day (AD). :p

Makeup trials does not include hairdos and hence I told Angie that I will leave it as it is. After all, Part 1 of Project PWES was suppose to be more natural, fun, colorful, and is candy-themed. Angie bought sweets, candies, and a big-ass candy floss as props. And I wore a simple electric blue dress to go along with the theme, and Bear jeans with a simple white long-sleeve shirt.


Weather Forecast:
It was a rainy morning that day. And Angie got a wee bit panic. Well, as for me it was fine - I prefer rainy days as oppose to hot hot days. Urgh! Halfway through my makeup it stopped to a drizzle and we knew that the weather will be perfect for an outdoor photo shoot! (Not for the photographer though - apparently the sky is not clear/sunny enough).


The Shoot:
We started at around 2:30 - 3:00 pm. The initial plan was to head to KLPac. We only managed to snap about 10 shots or so before we were chased away. We are suppose to obtain permission for any shooting done in the premise. Pardon our ignorance. Sheesh!

Last minute, we headed to Lake Garden. My gosh! We saw in total around 7 brides + grooms, I kid you not! Soon, we were going around playing a game of 'find the hidden bride'. By the 6th one, we got bored.


Alrite... Without further a due, let me preview to you the outcome of our Project PWES (part 1):



After enduring 6 mosquito bites, I would say it was well worth it! Still a lot of room for improvements. But well.. I would say it is not too bad for a first timer isn't it? Most importantly, both me and Bear LOVE it to bits!


My own personal improvements:
STOP SQUINTING!! I am a professional squinter I tell you! Most Some of the pictures turned out horrible. I look like I was in pain! Sheesh!


Yup.. that's about it. Can't wait for Project PWES (part 2). We will scrap the fun and casual part and move on to the more serious stuff. Couture baby!

Can't wait!


p/s: Camelia last minute said she can't do the trial makeup for this Saturday's Project PWES (Part 2)! Damn! Should I DIY my own or hire a professional makeup artist? Ah... decisions.. decisions...

Love;
The Bride-To-Be

1 comment:

  1. Quite nice ideas for Pre-Wedding Engagement Shoot! I am glad that I found this post on right time. Actually we are getting married quite soon at destination Malibu wedding venues and also wanted a romantic outdoor pre wedding shoot too. Your tips will be very helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete