Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

The quest to be beautiful

In my opinion, the second most important thing for a bride is the make-up (first is the bridal gown :p). No point in planning everything and looking beautiful in a gown - but your face looks like a hantu. Every bride wants to look ravishing on their big day. Me included. I am vain. Proud of it!


So, I started to look for the best make-up artist (MUA) and as usual started my search with Malaysia Brides Forum and found out that Gene Lim is the hottest pick. I contacted her because I too liked her style - natural and elegant. I never liked having too heavy make-up as I don't find a need to :p want to end up looking like an opera singer. Anyway, dropped her an email and unfortunately she is already booked on both my AD :( *sob*. Lesson learnt: Remember girls! Please book in advance if the MUA is good. There is no such thing as too early. Be kiasu!!!


No choice, Gene recommended me her friend, Yen who is based in Klang. Am not too keen as I felt that her style isn't actually my type. Plus, I will have to travel to Klang for the trial which will be troublesome.

I continued my maiden journey in search for an MUA. Honestly, I was willing to spend a bit more because I want to look pretty! Simple as that. Not going to kiam on make-up. Not too long after, I stumbled across this site - Camelia. Further contacted her and to my delight she is having a promotion up until September 2009 for bridal make-up. Her promotion is quite value for money (it is almost RM200 (!!!) cheaper than what the other MUAs are charging). She is very nice and accomodating so far. Plus point is that she is coming over to my place for the trial. Honestly, her work through her site is so-so only. But I am still reserving my doubts and will give her a try for the trial. Appointment set on 29/8/2009 @ 9:00 am. This is to coincide with Project PWES (part 2).


Just when I thought that my search was over, another MUA sent me an email (through Malaysia Brides Forum) asking if I still needed an MUA. Nothing for me to lose, so I said yes and she proceeded to send me her quote. The thing that sets her apart from other MUA is that she offers body art. It is really interesting to have as it would be something different and no other person (whom I know of) has had body art on their AD. So that itself was a major pull factor. He name is Ally. From the site, comparing to Camelia, I prefer Ally's work. So far, she has also been very accommodating. The trial will be done at her place in Kelana Jaya which suited me ok. Not too far away. Appointment set on 22/8/209 @ 12:30 pm. This is to coincide with Project PWES (part 1).



Another thing that brides often forget is the hairdo! Please remember to ask the MUA to show you sample of the work they have done before. Does it suit your style? You won't want any surprises and end up looking like Marge Simpson on your AD!


Even better still if you already have something in mind to show her so that she can give her opinion on whether if it suits you or not. Some styles require longer hair length and hence you can start 'planning' to grow your hair long (like me). I already know what hairstyle I want for the Matrimonial Service - and I wanna use FRESH FLOWERS! :)


Don't worry, I will post up the before/after pictures once the trial is done for your 'assessment'. By the way, please please please please make it a point to do the trial make-up. Don't be lazy and try to save on money (trial is usually charged at RM50, and is waived upon confirmation via deposit). You need to know if her style fits yours. If the product she uses is compatible with your skin. It is also important to ascertain if you and your MUA can jive together and communicate. She must know what you want and your requirements. She must also be able to recommend on certain styles that suits you best.

Most MUAs package are pretty standard:
2 Bridal Make-Ups (Day & Night)
2 Hairdos (Day & Night)
1 Stay Back for Touch Up (*Optional)
*Includes: Ampule, Fake Lashes, Foundation, Hair Accessories
*Optional: Body Art (for Ally)

In addition, I intend to top-up (very marginal) for my Mum's make-up for the AD because I don't want her to rush and end up being moody and Bear agreed to BLESS my dear bridesmaids also. Hence, their make-up worries (for the 9/10/10 event) is taken care of. They just need to come dressed to my place (earlier than the rest!!) and have their make-up done (hairdo you girls have to kau tim yourselves hor). SO BLESS!! How come I don't get treatments like this when I am a bridesmaid??? :p

Can't wait for my make-up trials end of this month!!!!
*excited!!!!*

Love;
The Bride-To-Be

No comments:

Post a Comment