Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 16, 2009

What to do?



From my brother's wedding in May this year; both me and Bear came to realize that both sides of our family are extremely large in terms of quantity. Now, don't forget that this excludes our friends and the rest of the other 'uncles' and 'aunties' from church.

So, we did a rough head count and reckoned that it was impossible to host up to a maximum of 100 guests in the PalmWalk Alfresco for the Matrimonial Service. Both sides of our family ALONE will add up to more than 100 people!!!

Sadly, I know that I had to abandon plan (bye-bye Garden Wedding) and had to do the service in church. :( :( :( Bear knows that I was very disappointed and allowed me to 'bring the garden into the Main Sanctuary' instead - which ultimately means higher cost on church decor *hugs*. We proceeded to cancel the renting of PalmWalk. *sob**sob*

Wonder if can do our ROM there or not?

Then, as we moved along with the planning of my brother's wedding, my parents forewarned me that with 50 tables (which was what we initially wanted), we may will have a problem to fit all the guests in. The guest list for my brother's wedding had to be reduced significantly due to the limited space available and I knew that my parents were having a tough time trying to scale down the list.

Taking all of the above into consideration, I called Monica again to open up the partition to expand the hall size. Hence, we now can accommodate up to 120 tables (read: 1,200 guests) !!! Of course, we are not some Tan Sri's children, so there is no need to invite up to 1,200 guests, but the comfort is that we have a leeway to adjust our number of guests.

With those changes, we further revised our itinerary and we hope that this will be a final one with minimal variations.

...............................................................................

Date: 9/10/10
Venue: RLC, Jalan 222
Time: 11:00 am

Event:
Pick up bride (@ 8:00 am)
Torture the Heng Tais
Matrimonial Service in church (@ 11.00 am)
Tea Ceremony (Groom + Bride)

Date: 10/10/10
Venue: Putrajaya Marriott
Time: 7:15 pm

Event:
Banquet Dinner
.............................................................................

Note: Monica called and told me that she has resigned (gasps!) and our event now is overlooked by another person (I forgot his name) and all the negotiated terms will remained the same as agreed. I hope he is compatible *fingers crossed*. We will be meeting him up during the Project PWES end of this month (i.e. 29/08/2009).

Love;
The Bride-To-Be

No comments:

Post a Comment