Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Teaser

I have decided to made-to-measure (MTM) bridesmaid dresses for my girls so that everyone will look synchronized - hence the entourage will look 'grand'. Hehehehe... plus, it is kinda tough for the girls to look for pastel green dresses (i.e. my theme color). Don't want to stress them too much.

So, I was searching for a tailor or a shop that MTM dresses at an affordable price. After all, I am a bride on a budget. And voila! came across this awesome place called Neoromantic Bridal. Honestly, I was skeptical because their site looks a bit dodgy and their name sounds .. erm.. weird. Yes, I admit my first impression of the shop was not good at all.

Anyway, me and Bear together with Florence (aka my chief bridesmaid) went to the shop to check it out and to our surprise found the owner, Erin very professional and the place itself did not look too bad. There are ready made dresses on the racks - from bridal gowns, to evening, to simple dresses. Erin showed me samples of materials and color palette that we can choose from. She showed us an array of designs from magazines that we can copy use the idea to MTM a dress or a gown that we fancy. I told Erin that I wanted a pastel green A-Line tea-length dress with a pastel pink ribbon tied around the waist. I am allowing the girls to pick their own neckline because the dresses will be theirs and I wanted them to be comfortable wearing it. She further commented on what is the most suitable material to use - judging from the description of framework (read: body shape) of my girls. So, came the most crucial part - pricing. To my astonishment, it was really very reasonable and I would say to some extent quite affordable. I am happy I found a place to MTM dresses for my bridesmaids.

That was wayyyy back in January of this year. :p And yes, despite that Erin still took time to explain and run over the details with me.

Fast-forward I too went there to MTM a simple long white dress for the Project PWES last month. The person whom I liaised with was Jackie. I gave her my budget and she was able to tailor the dress with additional details to fit my requirements. The usual practice is that Neoromantic would need about 2 months to MTM a dress - I wanted mine in less than 1 month. Ridiculous time line I know but I was desperate! So, Jackie assured me that she will be able to deliver within my tight time frame.

The dress came and to my disappointment didn't fit me quite well because of the material. It was chamese. Bad move. The material is soft and flowy and it kinda 'sticks' to the body. Heloo.. yours truly here has wide hips ok! All I can say is that it looks hideous so out of place. I feel fat! :( After FOUR alterations, I still didn't like it and I had alarm bells ringing in my head thinking that made the wrong choice in engaging in Neoromantic.

Seriously, I was really really disappointed! How can a place that specializes in MTM gowns not be able to make something that fits my figure? How can I pay for something that doesn't flatter my body? How can they suggest the wrong material for me - knowing where my flaws are? It was really really unacceptable. Of course, I didn't kick up a big fuss but I was clearly upset.

Erin gave me a few suggestions and we finally came to a consensus that she will exchange a bridal gown for me and I only need to top-up a minimal sum. Of course, it was a win-win situation and I agreed.

Now, this post is not to put Neoromantic down - instead I would STRONGLY recommend them to the other brides out there. They managed to prove that they are truly professional and they handled my situation really well. They really value their clients and will do whatever they can in their means to provide the best service with utmost sincerity. I can verify with that. I am really really impressed. That explains why a lot of brides trust in them to MTM their wedding gowns and evening gowns.

Me too am entrusting them to MTM my bridesmaid dresses end of this year. Not to say that I am very kan cheong or what. Jackie told me that the prices will be revised next year - due to labor and material costs. So yeah, told my girls to prepare what neckline they want by December and then will go with them to Neoromantic to take their measurements. Can't wait!

And as for my wedding gown - here are some teaser shots! For the full set of pictures, you've gotta wait for the Project PWES (part 2) next week!




Love;
The Bride-To-Be

No comments:

Post a Comment