Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cook Book : Apple Crumble

I am a sucker for all things apples and this also is relatively easy to make.

Apple Crumble

Disclaimer: This was made by my Aunt,
I didn't manage to snap a picture of the one I made.


INGREDIENTS:
8 apples (serves 4-6 people)
7 tablespoons of caster sugar
170g butter (1 block of butter)
280g flour
Cinnamon powder to taste

Step 1: Crumble Mixture.
Mix the butter with the flour until you can see the 'crumble'. Add 8 tablespoons of caster sugar. Mix well. For this, what I do is to agak-agak only how much flour to add in.

Step 2: Cooking the Apples.
Peel, cut and slice the apples. Cook the apples with very little water (just enough to cover the apples) and add 4 tablespoons of caster sugar. Add a generous amount of Cinnamon powder to taste. Cook until the apples becomes mushy. You may taste the syrup and adjust accordingly.

Step 3: Bake.
Preheat oven at 180C. Pour the cooked apples into the oven-dish. Pour a generous amount of Cinnamon powder over the apples. Evenly spread the crumbs on top. Put it in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until the crumble turns brown.

Note: Alternatively, what I do is to buy those pre-made base so that the apple crumble can be held in place.

And it goes exceptionally well with Vanilla ice-cream! yum~

Love;
Mrs Lee

3 comments:

  1. Nice!! I cant wait to get myself an oven.. one more month till I work and start saving on things I need since God knows when. Woot woot! Damn.. craving for apple crumble now and apple streusel made by Aunty KC!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaahahaah jommm makan apple crumble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bake for me? Hehehe.. I dont mind :)

    ReplyDelete