Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 28, 2011

Cook Book : Pan Fried Honey Mustard Chicken with Brocolli and Mash Potatoes

I won't say that I am an exceptionally good cook - I am just learning how to ever since gotten married. More of a beginner. Somehow, a wife and (in future) a mother must know how to cook for her family right?

So I guess every now and then when I experiment my dishes, I ought to note it down somewhere as a trophy reference. Since I am off this whole week for a study break (urgh!), was thinking why not cook a quick dinner for the hubby before he goes off for his weekly futsal.

Honey Mustard Chicken


INGREDIENTS:
2 pieces of chicken fillets
3 teaspoons-full of honey
2 teaspoons-full of Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon of soy-sauce
2 chopped shallots
1 tablespoon of diced ginger
Diced garlic

Step 1:
Mix the honey, Dijon mustard, soy-sauce, and diced ginger in a bowl. Stir well and you may taste and add whichever ingredient to your liking. Rule of thumb is for every 3 spoons of honey, you have to add 2 spoons of mustard.

Note: Don't overdo on the soy-sauce or else it will be too salty and regulate the ginger too, else it will be too spicy.

Step 2:
Marinate the chicken fillet in the mixture.

Step 3:
Fry the garlic and shallots until its aromatic. Then put in the chicken fillets. Pour the leftover sauce a little bit at a time as the fillets cooks to ensure that there are sufficient time for the meat to adsorb the sauce. Continue to pan-fry the fillets until the meat is cooked.

Voila~!
Easy-peasy huh?

For sides, I had leftover mash potatoes from last weekend and for vegetables, I just had broil Brocolli with a tinge of salt. :) Healthy meal, yes?

Mash potatoes (Geri's style) is equally as easy to be made:

INGREDIENTS:
Potatoes (depending how many servings)
1/2 block of butter
Pepper and salt to taste
Parsley

Step 1:
Boil the potatoes with salt. Poke with a chopstick and if it slides through easily then the potatoes are cooked. Peel the potatoes.

Step 2:
Mash the potatoes while adding butter simultaneously. Once the mixture is even, you may proceed to add salt and pepper to taste. Add parsley as garnishing.

In two simple steps, and you are done!

Gotta say I'm loving the idea of cooking!~
This coming Wednesday I'm gonna try my hands on cooking beef!

Love;
Mrs Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment