Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

Quicky


Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara ("JPN")
The date for our ROM has been set at 10 August 2010!!! Which is exactly 2 months away from our actual wedding date!!!!!! We intend to have a straight forward signing ceremony in JPN, then if time permits we will head for lunch. The attendees would most likely be our parents, close relatives, and really close friends only. Heck, we may even scrap off the close friends and relatives part. I guess it all depends on what our parents wants at the end of the day.


The procedure is relatively simple. You just need to prepare one passport size picture of yourself and your husband's. Fill in the forms, pick the date that you want, pay the nominal RM30 fees and voila! you are halfway to being legally married. If you want to conduct an outdoor ROM, then you would need to pay RM500 to invite the Official Registrar out. The date that you pick must be within 6 months from the application date. Your application (together with your picture) will be displayed on a board outside the office for 21 days to see if there are any disputes. On the day of your registration, you must bring the official receipt (which is issued to you on the day the application is filed), both your ICs, and two witness from each side of the couple (and of course their ICs too).


Waxing
My first waxing experience was not too bad. Lower legs was almost painless. Imagine while the therapist was waxing, I fell asleep! Upper lips was bearable but mine was really red after the entire procedure.

Face like kena slapped.

Underarms was hell! Seriously, it was so painful it's not funny ok! The therapist not only waxed, she tweezed too!! Pure torture. :( I had to endure the pain even after four days - the pain is like putting salt to a wound. I can't stand the heat. I can't stand it when fabric is swept across. It. was. horrible!! Really really horrible! So horrible that I had to carry powder with me to keep the area dry :( :( :( Now the pain has subsided tremendously, but there are still unsightly red blotches at my underarms. Hopefully it will go away before my photoshoot, or else I will have to reschedule.

Ouch!

And yes... I chickened out for the bikini waxing.


Gown Fitting


We were there from 3:15pm and stayed on until 7:30pm. That's more than 4 hours in the bridal shop! Honestly, it didn't felt that long when I was trying the gowns. Despite my discomfort from the underarm waxing, I excitedly proceeded to comb through the entire shop searching for the 'perfect dress'. For my package, I am entitled to 2 wedding gowns (indoor and outdoor photoshoot); 2 evening gowns (for indoor photoshoot); 1 kua (for indoor photoshoot); and for the actual wedding day, 1 wedding gown and 2 evening gowns (with an option to change 1 evening gown to a wedding gown). Sorry, not much photos as we weren't allowed to snap and I wanted to keep them a surprise. :) And I chose my actual day wedding gowns as well.


I ended choosing a spaghetti-strap wedding gown (which can convert to a tube-top) with a train for the outdoor photoshoot. And for the indoor photoshoot, a layered tied-back gown. As for the two evening gowns, I settled with a pink gown which is fitted with a can-can underneath. For the second evening gown, I chose a simple chiffon light blue gown. I wanted that for my actual day evening wear, but the gown is too long and really is not suitable for my height. If only I was a little taller. :(



Unfortunately, Red Bliss don't carry much cap-sleeve gowns. :( I kept my options open and selected quite a few gowns for the church wedding. I ended up narrowing down to two gowns - both tube-top gowns, one with a really nice train, and the other a wrap-around without train. I was going back and forth between these two, wearing it on and off before deciding on the one without train. I reckon that it is more practical without the train (as much as I love it), as I am not very tall and it would be a hassle.

The gown with the gorgeous train which I gave up.

For the dinner, I wanted a maroon coloured gown but there weren't much choices there as well. Instead, I decided on a long dark green halter gown. The dress is really simple and honestly, I am starting to have doubts. But Bear says the dress reflects who I am, someone who likes something simple. Someone who is fuss-free. And he liked it. So ok la ... I shall stick with my decision then. For the second evening gown, I changed that for another wedding gown, I chose a sleeveless gown that has a simple cheongsam design at the top. Basically, it is pretty much covered up at the top, but the unique design and elegance of the gown is at the back. It has red buttons all the way down to a looonnng train. The motifs on the train and the bottom of the gown is in red. Really pretty. :)


Love;
The-Bride-Who-is-Still-Doubtful-Over-Her-Decision

2 comments:

  1. I signed up with RB too! Just watch out because I noticed some of the beading on certain dresses have come off or loose etc. Just make sure they fix it for you, especially if it is NOT for indoor photoshoot.

    if ure planning to have facials, and haven't gotten them done before, i suggest for u to try it out after the shoot, and continue once a month until the wedding (unless ure not intending to have la ;)) - make sure no waxing/facials 2 weeks prior to the event day, don't want ANY mishaps! *touchwood*!

    tweeze the eyebrows and underarms yourself on a regular basis (like weekly, just tweeze out any stray ones, usually only one or two if u do it so often) and then it won't hurt so much when they do ur make up for u (esp. for event day!) .. if u haven't tweezed your eyebrows much before, u'll get red marks as well. And the MUA does tweeze it (besides shaving off the very fine stray bits). Its better than shaving, cos u get black dots if ur hair are thicker strands.

    hope this helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that I have another fellow RB bride as well. Overall, I find their service is not too bad. The only thing that irks me is that the SA NEVER SEEM TO RETURN YOUR CALLS!!!! Argh!!

    Yes, I noticed some of the gowns even have holes at the bottom. But those are for OD PS, so I guess it should be ok kua. Have you went for your gown fitting yet?

    I only intend to continue with legs and upper lips waxing consistenly. And lesson learnt, no more waxing too close to PS date and AD date. Will make sure to make an appointment at least 1 month ahead.

    ReplyDelete