Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Of Roti Canai, JPN , Waxing & Gown Fitting

This coming Thursday aka March 18, me and Bear took leave as we have a few things to clear off and can only be done on a weekend. Firstly, the day will start off with us having a hearty roti canai and teh tarik meal at our favorite mamak, Sunraj or Raju's in Jalan Gasing. Thereafter, we will be heading to the JPN in PJ States to do the necessary documentation for our Registration of Marriage ("ROM"). Well, I bought my ROM dress already during our last visit to Wedding Isle, just that the date has not been set yet. Well, both of us are not too particular, so we shall decide on Thursday itself.


At 12:00pm, we will be off to True Spa in Jaya 33 for Bear to have a 2 hours massage session and me aka the hairy bride will go for a 2 hours waxing session (Ouch!). Honestly, this is my first waxing attempt in the quest to be beautiful! Damn I am vain! Why 2 hours? Cos I intend to wax my upper lips, lower legs, and underarms - and if I am not deep in convulsions of pain yet, I may try the bikini line waxing. I said I may only ok!


After the torturing session, we will have our lunch before proceeding to Red Bliss for my FIRST. GOWN. FITTING. SESSION~ *screeeeaaammmmssssss* (that explains the waxing now, isn't it?). We scheduled an appointment at 3:00pm. After signing up with their package for almost 2 years ahead, I can't believe that I am trying on gowns now! Time flies! *shiok* This fitting is mostly for my photoshoot which is scheduled on April 9. I will go in for a second fitting on August 14 for the actual wedding day.

Here is one piece of advise: The minute you see a gown you like, BOOK IT FIRST! Don't be fickle and think that better ones will come along at a later date/time. Most of time, it does not happen.

I have not decided on what sort of gown I want for the photoshoot. I am open for ideas actually. But on my actual wedding day, I am hoping that I can find capped-sleeves lace gown for the church wedding and a mandarin-collared lace gown for the first march-in of the dinner banquet. Well, am keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Simple A-Line Capped Sleeve Lace Top

Capped-Sleeve Lace with Sweetheart Neckline

Pretty Capped-Sleeve Gown with Ribbon

Before I post the mandarin-collar gown up. The picture below is taken from My Bridal Gown which is based in Sunwaymas Commercial Center. I actually tried on the gown before and I loved it so much! It fitted me just nicely and my goodness I it looked so elegant!! Unfortunately, both me and Bear thought that it was not practical to buy one. Gotta say, it took a lot of my willpower to stop myself from purchasing it. This piece is retailing for RM650-RM750 I think, if I remember correctly.

Front lace *heart*

Back Full Lace - Tell me its beautiful too!!!!

Love;
The-Soon-To-Be-Almost-Hairless-Bride

5 comments:

  1. One thing to note is that the gowns at My Bridal Gown have rather thin material as compared to the ones you find in the bridal houses, so they tend to show even the slightest bit of tummy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serious? Erm .. didn't seem to notice that. The only that I noticed was that the cutting was more tailored towards slim people (obviously I don't fall under that category). Btw, where did you get your gowns from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I signed up with Red Bliss as well ;)
    Yeah, their dresses are for the really slim ones (unfortunately!) .. because they have some pretty lacey ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i went to my bridal gown's new shop in desa sri hartamas, the gowns i tried on were all either half lace RM1400, or full lace RM1800.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very useful site as far as waxing tips are concerned. For wax Gown kindly refer to the link.

    ReplyDelete