Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

6 months to go ...

I am exactly 6 months away from the wedding. 0__o
Now that I mentioned typed it out, it feels really close!


Feelings

Sometimes I feel excited, and at times I feel nervous. Marriage. A life-long commitment. For better or worse. Wow ... that is really a huge step of commitment. Not only that, it is a union of two families. Sometimes, it still feels surreal as though it is all an illusion. A dream I will wake up from.

I can safely say that I am blessed to be marrying into Bear's family. For the past 7 years, his parents has always treated me as their own daughter (sometimes Bear gets jealous :p). There was never disputes, there was never a disagreement. It was always words of encouragement and occasional gifts from them. What is there to not love about them? Honestly, it will not be hard at all to accept them as one of my own parents. :)

To-Do List.

Guest List
:
Waiting for my side to finalize on the number of people, then we can combine both sides of the list and churn out the final figure. Bear has done up a rough list in Excel format, so I guess it will not be too much a hassle to combine the names. However, I think it would be quite time consuming. That's why I am a smart bride, I leave the guest list and table arrangement to him! Muahahahahaa ...


Wedding Invites :
Once the guest list has been finalized, we will start printing the cards. Actually, we already have in mind which vendor to go to. :) And I tell you the cards are gonna be so pretty!! So yup ... so long as the guest list tak jalan, the rest of the planning process would be pretty much backlogged.


Hotel:
Ever since the last time liaising with Monica (who had resigned), we had not spoken to any representatives from Putrajaya Marriott. Last week, I dropped them an email to remind them again and to schedule an appointment to discuss on the detailing - e.g. the decor, flowers, color theme, food tasting, program of the night etc etc. Come to think of it, there are quite a lot to do from the hotel aspect. Good thing that all of it will be handled by the wedding consultant from the hotel. Phew! Relief! I scheduled an appointment in July (which is 3 months from the wedding!!! *screams*)


Well, these are the major things pending in terms of the wedding preparation. I will not go into the nitty-gritty stuff. Hopefully everything will go in accordance to the time-line, so I won't be a stressed out bride. :)


Love;
The-Very-Kan-Cheong-Bride

10 comments:

  1. i like the green & pink invitation cards u posted..nice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you actually using the green/pink cards? I'm trying to look for cards now (super last minute cos I'm flying back to Oz nx Tue!) but like not so easy to find good designs.

    Are you getting them printed at Jln Brunei?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I intend to get them from Storybook (they are located at Tropicana Mall). They custom-make their cards and the designs are AWESOME! Price-wise they are quite reasonable. You can try Emma K in Bangsar too.

    Or the other alternative is that you can try Sunflower (in Ikano). I don't really like their designs though.

    Personally, I don't like to travel to KL. No doubt the cards are cheap, but I feel that they are too mass produced. Is your theme colour green and pink too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's the range like? Nope, will be going with a festive colour because mine is just after CNY :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh... so your wedding is only next year?? Thought it was gonna be this year. Where is your reception gonna be at?

    For storybook it is from RM2.00 - RM10.00 (if I am not mistaken) depending on material used and size. Sunflower is from RM1.00. Not too sure bout Emma K though.

    Why don't you try finding in Aussie? They would have pretty designs, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, just doing what we can now because we won't be coming back until CNY next year. Oh, we're not Christians so will be the usual fetching the bride to the groom's hse etc only :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. next year, same day as the tea ceremony :) renaissance

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh.. Renaissance is a nice place :)

    ReplyDelete