Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Nothing Supports You Like a Pair of Good Bra


Don't worry .. this is not a kinky post.

Pregnant ladies would be able to identify with me that the most important and significant change to the body is not only the womb/tummy area but also the breasts as well. They are there to play an extremely important role, that is for lactation in preparation to produce breast milk for your little one.

However, getting there could be annoying - your breasts swells, gets bigger, is tender, and sometimes can be sore too. Your nipple could give you problems too. For me, the breast area is extremely important because I know that it could affect how well I breastfeed when the baby comes along.

So at 6 months plus, my boobs had suddenly ballooned up in size to the point that wearing my current bras are so uncomfortable and painful (imagine squeezing your boobs into bras which are one size smaller). Not only that, the fitting was horrible as it "spills" at the side. And the underwire support was getting very irritating as it tends to "cut" into the skin. 

At around this point, I prefer to go bra-less in the house sometimes in the office too

It came to a point that I couldn't take it anymore and Goggled on maternity bras. Apparently, pregnant mums are encouraged to wear maternity bras as the underwire of normal bras may caused blocked ducts in your breasts. Of course, maternity bras are way more comfortable as well.

So, off I went to Modern Mum to get myself those maternity bras. And when I tried it on.. I had an Oh. My. God moment. Seriously! How come I didn't discover them earlier??! SO COMFORTABLE! It has full coverage in the sense that it covers my entire breasts. The material is cotton and soft. There are no paddings. The underwire is SO SOFT! 

Wearing a maternity bra is like wearing a camisole! You don't feel it there at all! *teared* *hallelujah moment*

Promptly bought 3 pairs @ RM88 each. The maternity bras doubles up as nursing bras as well. So pregnant mummies out there, please do invest in a good maternity bra. It does makes a difference. 

p/s: FYI maternity bras are so fashionable now! I always had the impression that they look like granny bras but noooooo ... there are the lacey type, the seamless type etc just like those you would find in La Senza.

Love;
Mummy Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment