Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Review: No More Nipple Problem with Medela Purelan 100 Cream

Those who have been following my pregnancy journey would know that I have a persistent problem with my nipple *ahem* - it's dry, itchy, and is on the verge of cracking. Not a pretty sight. Very uncomfortable too.

I knew I had to tackle this issue earlier before I start to breastfeed because with cracked nipples, it would be extremely painful for the mum when the baby suckle and or course it could be unhygienic too. Further, I don't want to be caught in a situation whereby I have block ducts that will disrupt the flow of my breast milk. 

I have tried all cheaper ways like using powder to stop the itch and Vaseline to moisture the area, but to no avail. In fact to some extent, I think it aggravated more the condition. The powder makes it exceptionally dry which causes more itch. I think I am allergic to the Vaseline as well because the minute its applied, it itch like mad.


So with little options, I went to survey on what nipple cream that is suitable to be used and chanced upon Medela Purelan 100. It contains 100% pure lanolin (wool wax) without any artificial additives or preservatives. Which means it is perfectly safe for the baby when you need to breastfeed. Usually mums use this cream during breastfeeding to sooth the nipple.

Life Saver - Literally! 

Started using and the result is immediate! The cream is thick like honey and you don't have to apply a lot on the affected area. It locks the moisture in and the itch has miraculously gone upon application. 


Granted that the cream is not exactly cheap at RM44, but if there are those who has the same problem as me, I strongly recommend to buy the Medela Purelan 100 cream. 

Love;
Mrs Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment