Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Surprise Baby Shower

Trust my girls to spring up with some surprises, props, and thoughtful gifts? Hah ... effortless I tell you! See my elaborate hen's lunch organised by them back in 2010.

My Hen's Lunch

We've been friends since secondary (that's more than 11 years ago!) and have been close ever since. Although we don't meet up as often as we possibly could, we would still keep each other up to date with the latest happenings and events in our lives. Occasionally, we do meet up for dinner/lunch or an all-girls trip just to catch up.

Our recent trip to Langkawi 

So it was just any other random August 11, where we decided to meet up because one of the girls is back for a couple of days from Singapore. As we were deciding on the venue, I suggested for them to come to my condo cos it's more convenient and comfortable.

August 11 came and what greeted me at the door was a whole bunch of them (they timed to come up together), a huge bunch of helium balloons, some props for me to wear, cupcakes, and a goodie bag.



Food was nothing fancy - just KFC and Pizza Hut, but we had loads of fun just to catch up! I love being in the company of these girls *heart*


They made me wear the handmade hideous gigantic bib and baby cap to pose with the camera. Just played along for the fun of it.


Then they brought out these board with random names and I was blindfolded and was asked to choose a name, which would then be my baby's name. The name chosen was Alejandro. -.-"


Being the considerate bunch that they always are, they didn't torture do much with games cos Mummy Geri was pretty tired that night. They proceeded straight with my goodie bag. Each girls bought a thing or two and I love every single one of them. Very very practical gifts which I and the baby can use. *hugs*


We then chatted till about midnight and call it a day. Simple - just how I like it. I am truly blessed to have friends like them. *emo*


Old picture of us

Love;
Mummy Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment