Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Perfect Gift for a Bookworm

WTF Moment : I've actually saved and written this post before... but accidentally deleted it again two days later. Now have to re-write again ...  wtf ... -.-"

I was thinking hard of what to get for Sue for her quarter century old birthday and was toying with the idea of custom-made charm bracelets. Had actually asked Kelvin to curi-curi korek some information like what sort of charms she likes and her wrist measurement. On the measurement, he secretly took her watch to measure and said it's the same size as me. Impossible lo... my wrist is smaller than the average Asian wrist size leh. Plan failed. -.-"

Then as I was thinking further, I doubt she is into accessories as much as I do. But I do know for a fact that she loves to read, and that was when I had a light bulb moment.


I decided to engaged in Pinky Craft to custom-make a bookmark for her. Previously when I've asked for Leena (founder of Pinky Craft) to make key-chains for my collegues, she did a pretty good job.

Why bookmark? Because I've seen her using pieces of recycle papers, receipts, bus tickets, tissue papers, old reload cards etc as bookmarks. So it's high time she gets a proper one. :)

Again, I had to do a private detective role and asked her what's her favourite food - because aside from reading, her other "passion" is food. :p

And she answered ais kacang. -.-"


So I asked Leena to make a clay charm ais kacang. I've also requested to add a "made with love" charm and to further personalised a tag with her name.

Besides that, I've also asked to add a bubble tea clay charm because she is a HUGE fan of Gong Cha and Chatime as well. :p


Here are the clay charms of the ais kacang and bubble tea. So cute and realistic!


And here's the final product :


I've also bought another simpler bookmark from Ellie's Charms in case if she starts reading two book simultenously 0_o". That makes two bookmarks for the bookworm. :)


To top it all off, there are gift vouchers from Book Xcess for her to purchase any books that she fancies. Truly this is a perfect combination for a bookworm, don't you think so?



Blessed Birthday Sue!


Hope you like your presents~!

Love;
Mummy Geri

4 comments:

  1. Perfect combination indeed! Thanks so much babe.. I love my gift so much!! Also, I love you a lot for being so secretive hehehe! I didn't know Kelvin measured my watch lol.. but my wrist memang kecik one but not as kecik as yours la hahaha! Thanks thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! Phew! Saw you bought a few Tilly's books .. ohhh.. then I can pinjam after you are done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purposely buy books you dont have so we can exchanged when you are done hehehe :)))) I was contemplating to buy Sidney Sheldon and Jackie Collins' Goddess of Vegence. I checked your blog before I buy. HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete