Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Some People Are Inconsiderate Like That

Here is another angry pissy thought-provoking post. I don't get it why some people will get all anal jittery once they find out that one of their female staff is pregnant. It is like the whole world will stop revolving. It's like the company will go bankrupt. It's like without you being around, everything will stop functioning.

For God's sake, maternity leave is only for 3 freaking months. 

IT. IS. ONLY. FOR. THREE. MONTHS!!! NOT 3 YEARS! -.-"

I seriously find it damn discriminating ok when people give you that "Oh no! She's going on maternity leave, whose gonna fill up for her? What about her work?". Like as though it is a world-class disaster. *roll eyes*

Hello, in case if you don't know yet. It is our entitlement ok! If you are so kiasu then go get yourself knock up la, that way you can get your maternity leave too. Sheesh~

Here are my two-cents worth of rant. In point form.

(1) Just because I am pregnant doesnt mean that I am a slacker.
I still get my work done. And mind you, not some half-assed half-cooked job ok. When I need to stay back late, I still do simply because I am responsible like that and to make sure that everything is met on a tight dead date line. Unlike those who goes back on time. Everytime.

(2) Pregnancy doesn't make your brain juice freeze. 
I am still capable of functioning like a normal working adult. My brains are still capable of thinking, planning, and analyzing. Unlike some of the people I know whose brains had perpectually freeze.

(3) I like to get things done. Fast.
Because I don't like the idea of abusing the "I'm pregnant" excuse and then pass on my work to my collegues. Unline those who likes to sit on their fat lazy ass and do nothing.

(5) Just because I am going on my maternity leave doesn't mean you can pile up more work for me.
The minute that I found out I was pregnant and the expected delivery date, I have already planned out on my own to prioritise my workflow. This is to ensure that I give minimal inconvenience to those who are relieving me. This is also to ensure that I get all my work done before going off for my maternity. Because I am  [refer to point 1,2, and 3 above].

So please! Do not come and give me the bullshit notion that I am slacking and that me going on my maternity leave is a huge freaking deal ok.

p/s: Happy thoughts! Happy thoughts! not good for the baby. :)

Love;
Mummy Geri

2 comments:

  1. Think more happy thoughts.. happy baby..

    Dont fuss about these people lah.. not worth it babe.. think happy thoughts.. Sydney.. holidays..baby.. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh.. sydney!! i havent apply for my leave yet also. :p dont want later ppl buat bising .. catch them offguard a bit

    ReplyDelete