Baby Isaac

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 24, 2012

Review : Completely Under the Charm of the Diary of a Miniature Enthusiast

Note: All pictures are taken from Diary of a Miniature Enthusiast and it's Facebook Account. Please give them due credit should the pictures are to be duplicated or copied.

As mentioned before, I've engaged in the services of Wendy from Diary of a Miniature Enthusiast to  custom-make two charm bracelets for myself. She is a very nice person to work with and her reply to emails are prompt and fast. Not only that, she is also a very patient and accomodating person (are all creative people like that?). 

Although she may not update her blog often, you can always opt to head to her FB page where updates on her work progress are being documented quite frequently in a day. It is very interesting to follow her development as she placed her arrangements for a customer and then a couple of hours later voila~ a pretty new customized bracelet is done!

It is even more kan cheong interesting if the progress is your own order. Because you can't wait to see how the final product will look like. I call them, the teaser shots. :)

If you could recall; I ordered two bracelets from her existing series with minor tweaks:


Original design of the sweet Dainty & Demure No. 2

What I requested was to keep the original design but add in a personalized charm with my initial "G" in it. I've also asked for the ribbon charm to be changed to a butterfly charm. FYI I love butterflies!! 

And here is the final work taken from the FB page : 

The new addition :)

Don't you think my initial "G" is done so prettily??? It fits into the entire theme perfectly and the font is so vintage~y and classic! Perfect! Such a classy design! Thumbs up! Perfect if I want to go all frilly, sweet, and innocent. 


Original design of the quaint Old Chinese Cafe Charm Bracelet

I've asked for Wendy to add some colors in black and maroon/dark red. My intention is to make it look more like a Shanghainese theme like The Bund. Antique and vintage. Classic and old school. Think of the 1920s era in Shanghai. That's the overall feel which I want to create.

And here is the outcome taken from the FB page:

Woah ... that's Shanghai Tang for you!

All I can do is gap at her masterpiece piece of artwork. It was exactly how I pictured it to be. The dark red and black combination is so va~va~vom! So slutty Chinese old school. Noticed the "girl in cheongsam" charm? It has been changed to black and white. Ohhh.. spooky like those old Chinese news print ad. So mysterious. Two thumbs up! It's perfect to be used for work especially on a gloomy Monday especially if I'm wearing something of a darker shade. 

Aside from the above two amazing and beautiful charm bracelets, I was so itchy hands have also added one more order. A purely customized order to celebrate my pregnancy. I named it, the Baby Boy Charm Bracelet.

(iii) Baby Boy Charm Bracelet.
There was not much of a reference. All was done from scratch in the sense that I have a rough idea on what I wanted. I pretty much choose the charms which was to be included and leave Wendy to come up with the creative part to string it all up together.

Basically, my request was as follows:
- Keep it simple with drops of blue hues.
- Customized a "It's a Boy" charm.
- Rocking horse, pacifier, and teddy bear (because my boy is a baby bear) charm. 

I've suggested that perhaps she can use the acrylic cabochon blue ribbon in her Alice in Wonderland Charm Bracelet or the blue flower cabochon in Dainty & Demure No.1. Or alternatively, she can use blue ribbons like the Keep Calm & Go Shopping series. 

The acrylic cabochon blue ribbon in Alice in Wonderland Charm Bracelet

The blue flower cabochon in Dainty & Demure No.1

Blue ribbons in Keep Calm & Go Shopping

Further I've also suggested that she could make a sapphire blue bead / Czech bead / Swavovski crystal to dangle from either one of the charms. I've also asked for her to add a faceted teardrop blue crystal as well. Why blue? It's because the baby is a boy and my birth stone is sapphire. :)

After sending out my elaborate request, I was a bit worried that Wendy would think I quite TTLY asking for so many things have a hard time trying to figure out exactly what I want. But no, in 15 minutes' time, came her reply and I quote a portion of it:

"It's no problem at all :) ..."  
And in my heart I went like.. seriously? 0_o"

Even with my TTLY many requests, she managed to churn out something within the next day that's exactly what I wanted. I couldn't help complimenting her with heaps of praises on the FB page! Look at all the pretty trinkets and the blue color beads and .. and.. the Swavovski sapphire heart crystal!!! *heart* The only thing that I've asked Wendy to add on in the arrangement is the acrylic blue cabochon ribbon. 

From the FB page : Teaser arrangement shot
before hooking them all up.

And so I was stalking waiting anxiously for her to update the final arrangement (refreshing the FB page every hour or so) and here it is .... 


T_T *tears of joy*
Beautiful isn't it?

For those who wanna do a charm customization of bracelets/necklaces/keychains/bookmarks etc, please do contact Diary of a Miniature Enthusiast. Wendy is a breeze to work with and her creations are amazing! She is fast and efficient too!

Highly highly highly recommended! :)

Love;
Mummy Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment